DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SSA Dcon line up price drop!​

Since we know these are excellent drivers that are very capable of surprising people, not to mention being one of the best offerings in the 300 watt ratted "SQ" minded sub woofers on the market. There are not that many are out there, (even after extremely positive reviews, and a give-away), so we are officially lowering the price to make them a little more affordable.

SSA Dcon 10D4/S4 now $115 !!

SSA Dcon 12D4/S4 now $125 !!

:)

·
Registered
512 Posts
A twelve and one of those Shark Mini amps from e-bay and you got some good bump for under two bills. Thanks for the hook up denim. Always trying to make the world a better sounding place. :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are ratted for 300 watts, there is no real advantage to run them over that. So if you wanted to order S4 coils, you could run the SAE-1200D at 2 ohms mono (approximately 600 watts), and it would be a great match. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an old school Mmats D500.2 which is rated as follows
RMS Power at 13.8V
350W into 4 ohms with less than .1% THD+N
500W into 2 ohms with less than .1% THD+N

...do you think if I get 2 X S4 and parallel them for a 2 ohm load....they will be getting sufficient power?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have an old school Mmats D500.2 which is rated as follows
RMS Power at 13.8V
350W into 4 ohms with less than .1% THD+N
500W into 2 ohms with less than .1% THD+N

...do you think if I get 2 X S4 and parallel them for a 2 ohm load....they will be getting sufficient power?
depends on your definition of "sufficient" they will definitely take more. ideally i think they should have around 400. but they are damn efficient and should still sound great on 250 each.

·
Registered
997 Posts
SSA Dcon line up price drop!​

Since we know these are excellent drivers that are very capable of surprising people, not to mention being one of the best offerings in the 300 watt ratted "SQ" minded sub woofers on the market. There are not that many are out there, (even after extremely positive reviews, and a give-away), so we are officially lowering the price to make them a little more affordable.

SSA Dcon 10D4/S4 now $115 !!

SSA Dcon 12D4/S4 now $125 !!

Three quick questions:

1. What's the rated Le for each driver? It's missing from the T/S parameters listed on the website.

2. Are the T/S parameters for the S4 config the same as the D4 config? The website gives what seems to be parameters for the D4 config (Re=7.8 ohms, which is likely the two 4 ohm coils in series).

3. What's the cost of shipping these to Grenada, West Indies? :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. I don't have it handy sorry.
2. The T/S for the SVC 4 and the DVC 4 are quite close, so the D4 parameters can be used.
3. Email us at support[at]soundsolutionsaudio[dot]com for shipping quote.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts