DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of my trucks(2004 silverado ext. cab) needs a new system to try out. I'm good on the install just need a lil more subwoofer confidence. I'm goin for these goals:
-Mainly lookin for sound quality but i still want some thump
-2 ICON 10's
-About 1 cu. ft each and possibly ported, tuned in the 35-38hz range
-I mainly listen to rock from classics to metal hardcore and some rap but very little
-SSA has a package deal for ICON 10 with the Sundown SAZ-1000D so im lookin to get TWO PACKAGE DEALS if they'll ship to Alaska
-I'm thinkin the Alpine SPX 2 way components

My initial reaction was that i wanted two Alpine type x's. I've always ran mainstream audio and heres a couple of the things that worries me:
-Will I need an equalizer to make everything sound ok...? I'm not lookin for perfect competition sound for this one.
-I love how the Type X has been even w/o an equalizer. I want something comparable and from the sounds of it the ICON's a lot better?
-Any problems anyone have with the ICON?
-I'm gonna abuse the **** out of it...so can they handle it?

That's pretty much it i believe...ask and inform away...:)
Thanx

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya i ran it through WINISD and noticed that...What i'm hoping is that just my two mids will pick up the higher frequency slack

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh and i appreciate the quick response...I'll have to get my truck all ready dampening, paint, and some other stuff before i order

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm really having a hard time deciding..i can get Alpine gear significantly cheaper but it'd be nice to try something different on the otherhand. I'm gonna keep my eyes out for a bit longer and see what other options i have before i make any decisions.

Another problem i ran into was i can't fit the sundown amps behind my rear seat, so that's where the Alpine amps would be nice

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and i was havin a hard time trying to swallow the $140 shipping cost...but i guess that's what i get for living here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts