DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to gauge serious interest if we should bring back the ZED Amp / SSA sub combo from a couple of years ago?

Example:

Option 1: SSA Icon D1 in 10" or 12" or 15" or 18" + ZED Minotaur + ZED Ra - Save $206

Icon 10" combo: $883 + shipping
Icon 12" combo: $893 + shipping
Icon 15" combo: $903 + shipping
Icon 18" combo: $913 + shipping

or

Option 2: SSA Gcon's D2's (2) in 10" or 12" or 15" + ZED Minotaur + ZED Ra - Save $186

Pair of Gcon 10's combo: $1006 + shipping
Pair of Gcon 12's combo: $1026 + shipping
Pair of Gcon 15's combo: $1086 + shipping

·
Registered
18 Posts
All would be fairly the same. I would vote for the 2 10" GCONs. That would be a sick set up!
In my opinion 10's are too small, need atleast 12's. I run Boston Acoustics Pro series 10's now and my wife has been busting my balls because my "shit is weak"compared to her 15in MTX Superwoofers, so I need to show her up while maintaining the level of sound quality that I am accustomed to. I have even thought about running what I have but adding an 18in that I could call on when I need the extra uumph.

·
Registered
18 Posts
All options would sound great, as long as the install is done correctly. So it is a matter of output goals and budget. Maybe port the Icon and seal the Gcon's.
But which in your opinion would give me the most output without sacrificing sound quality? Budget is not a factor. I also have a few sundown saz1500's I could utilize, or not. I know zed is beyer for sq thats why I'm running old school add power right now

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But which in your opinion would give me the most output without sacrificing sound quality? Budget is not a factor. I also have a few sundown saz1500's I could utilize, or not. I know zed is beyer for sq thats why I'm running old school add power right now
Assuming all things being equal, the pair of Gcon 15's have the cone surface advantage for the potential greatest output.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts