DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old aged noob here. Like to say this board is very informative and very civil. Great members.

I have a question about stage height. Will just angling my mids up in a 2 way system raise my stage height? I have a 2 dr coupe (Solara) and right now the center image is right on the dash. I'd like to raise it from my chest height to eye level if possible. Is this possible?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I would think it would be very very possible. Try changing the angle the tweeters are pointing a few degree's up, as well as each mid, but i really think it depends on what drivers are playing what frequencies and how they are all situated and such. Any more details we could have to get more of an understanting on how your interior is designed and your drivers are situated?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Actually the stock positions in my doors are angled up a good amount in my coupe, and it does raise the stage a good amount. I'd assume that theres a point where you can angle it too much and muck things up pretty badly though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now my tweeters are in the kicks cross firing at the opposite front seat passsengers (I am still tinkering with position). The mids are in the stock location in the door which is forward and low. It fires right into the side of your mid calf area.

I have an Eclipse 8455 and I run an active 2 way setup with the tweeters high passed at about 5K and mids set at 63 low and 4K high. The speakers are an old set of Focal 165K's that I am just using to get general setups taken care of before I get something better. Kind of doing the grunt work now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to hear. I also though that since the lower dash is in the way that there has to be a point of diminishing returns on the angle setting. I was just wondering if the dash is in such a position that it would even make a difference. I remember Dave Navone always saying sound are waves and they'll find their way around but cars are just too unique and no 2 are the same.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You have the mid's crossed high enough to where angling them will make a definite different in terms of height. The positioning of the tweeters will also be the most noticeable in determining the height. In my experience kick mounting tweeters is a difficult place to mount them and achieve an imaging higher than chest area. I've had a much easier time mounting my tweeters on my door panels and achieving a more realistic height, while time aligning the mid to tweeter distance difference.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Vampire said:
Eclipse 8455
honestly man..i dont know what the hell that is because i never really got into Eclipse...and im too lazy to search it up..

so does that mean you have time alignment or not..?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Relax. Are you offended or something? Not intended.

Yes it has time alignment, amplitude adjustment, internal active crossover, bass phase switch... How is time alignment supposed to raise the stage. I must be missing something.

10K2HVN said:
honestly man..i dont know what the hell that is because i never really got into Eclipse...and im too lazy to search it up..

so does that mean you have time alignment or not..?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.