DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. To be totaly honest I dont know a damn thing about processers, never really used one. the deck I'm useing doesnt have T/A but it does have a digital coax out. I'm runing a 3 way active frontstage, basicly it goes:
deck - line driver - eq - x/over - amps. I'm also useing a CDT upstage passive xover runing the tweets in my pillers, x/overs at 8000,10000 I think. basicly giveing me a 4 way set up, runs off of the same channel as the "main" tweets. mids/tweets in kicks, midbass in doors, ribbon tweets in pillers. I'm looking for a processor I can use for T/A on each driver, if I have to sell the cdt's and get the piller tweets there own amp, so I can T/A them thats cool, I can do that. I really like the 4 way set up, silks down low and ribbons up top, detail and sparkle without silibence and metalical coloration. :) I dont need any surround,eq,phase contol or anything like that, what do you guys think? is there a processor I can use? I defineitly want a unit that won't add noise or distortion or cost much over $250 or so. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
At that budget only thing you can really do is give the PPI DCX-730 a shot.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that PPI DCX-730 is looking good, I'm watching that thread intently. I could save up and go higher, cheap would be nice, but if I'm going to spend 250 on something I'm not going to be happy with, I may as well buy what I need and be done with it LOL. what would be best under $500?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey 3.5max6spd I just noticed you have a DCX-730 in your sig, do you think it would work well for my application?, I'd probably use it to T/A both sets of tweets and the mids.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
On paper everyone can agree the unit would work geat for most, it will do all you need for fronstage-just leave the sub duty tio be controlled by your HU. Unfortunatly i will not be installing mine until friday, possibly saturday morning.You are really better off asking the reviewer.

Under $5oo , unless you have an Alpine DVD player, A/V unit or a digital out model using a used Alpine H700/H701 will give you floor noise of sorts through the rca inputs.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an awesome old school sherwood with a digital coax out :) been looking for a DAC

·
Registered
168 Posts
KingSVT said:
that PPI DCX-730 is looking good, I'm watching that thread intently. I could save up and go higher, cheap would be nice, but if I'm going to spend 250 on something I'm not going to be happy with, I may as well buy what I need and be done with it LOL. what would be best under $500?

Don't make the mistake that the PPI is a cheap piece of equipment. Its a $1000 msrp price tag and was meant to sell near there. Demand wasn't there and they're dropping the model and clearing them out which is why the price is so attractive right now. I think this unit compares quite well (feature wise) with RF 360.2 or H701. To touch either of those two units, you better get ready to almost double your budget.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
crash813 said:
Don't make the mistake that the PPI is a cheap piece of equipment. Its a $1000 msrp price tag and was meant to sell near there. Demand wasn't there and they're dropping the model and clearing them out which is why the price is so attractive right now. I think this unit compares quite well (feature wise) with RF 360.2 or H701. To touch either of those two units, you better get ready to almost double your budget.
Have you used any of the feautures yet? Time alignment, filters? If so how do uou feel they work?

I wont have mine i to tomorrow or sat morning. I'm getting antsy.. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mainly just crossovers and gain/volume at this point. Great flexibilty on the crossovers and I really like the Butter/LR switch. Very easy to A/B it back and forth to hear the difference. Going from analog dials to 1hz increment crossover is great. Although changing the point and listening to the difference is much more envolved since the increments are so small then say, turning the dial 1/10th and listening.

The hardest thing is visualizing everything when making changes. Its definately no graphic eq. And like I mentioned earlier, this thing isn't a 'make changes going down the road' piece.

I have a feeling, I'll be fine tuning this thing for the next 3 years!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Also, I'd highly recommend not have an input in (or outputs) when first setting it up.

All outputs are full range, gain and volume are at highest levels as defaults. I can see some tweets smoking out there if people get in a hurry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts