DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I recently upgraded the tweeters in my CRZ, next up I am doing the deck. I ordered an Alpine INA-W910 last friday, should have it by the end of the week. I want to be able to keep use of my steering wheel buttons though mainly to answer and hang up my phone. I have found a few different brands for this, Axxess, Schocse, PAC,... etc. Are any of these better than the others, better quality or anything. Its the first time im using a nav unit, and trying to integrate it with the steering wheel buttons. Just wanna make sure I get the best that I can.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Look at the axxes, set up on those are said to be a lot easier than the pac's.
There was review for one on here, can't remember who did it though. Anyway, pretty high praise for ease of install.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I sell car audio and don't know many adaptors that will also opperate the phone functions from the steering wheel-if this is a priority I'd confirm that works with all of them before jumping in. I'm actually trying to recall what did do it-it was either a Pioneer/Alpine part and was the only one I've ever come across that worked the BT.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On alpines site it says that the INA-W910 has BT built in, but does not mention an adapter anywhere I can see, except the external BT unit for decks with it not built in. Says it will work with steering wheel buttons with an adapter.

According to the manual from axxess, the steering wheel adapter can recognize the phone buttons.

I found all the parts for the install on sonicelexctonix. Guess I'll order them and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I have an Axxess ASWC. Search for the review. It worked in my 2006 Scion xB to hook up a Clarion DXZ785USB. It avoids the use of resistors and programming, but you have to be very careful to match up the right wiring colors to the factory dashboard wiring as well as the new head unit. Once you've checked, double-checked, and triple-checked... you power up the car, and the unit recognizes the vehicle and the head unit, and it programs itself :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also have the axxess and ina-w910. Works great. My bluetooth buttons also work. If one of the buttons do not work it is easy to reprogram it too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an Axxess ASWC. Search for the review. It worked in my 2006 Scion xB to hook up a Clarion DXZ785USB. It avoids the use of resistors and programming, but you have to be very careful to match up the right wiring colors to the factory dashboard wiring as well as the new head unit. Once you've checked, double-checked, and triple-checked... you power up the car, and the unit recognizes the vehicle and the head unit, and it programs itself :D
Does the ASWC replace the standard wireing harness that I would buy, or is it used along with it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The axxess is in addition to all the usual wiring.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
The axxess is in addition to all the usual wiring.

^ What he said. I put together a harness using the following:

* wiring leads attached to a plug that emerges from the back of the new Clarion deck
* an 'intermediary' harness that many retailers will include when you purchase a new stereo; these are usually brand-specific, ex. a harness for "Toyota models 1984-present"
* the ASWC

All of the above then plugged into the Clarion on one end, and 2 harnesses in the dashboard: the OEM speaker/power/turn-on/antenna leads, and the plug that attached to the OEM deck to provide power and a signal loop to the steering wheel controls. The 'intermediary' harness should have a molex connector that matches what's attached inside your dashboard.

The ASWC also has another lead with a 3.5mm male plug on it; this attached to the back of the Clarion, as well, and fed the signals from the steering wheel controls to the deck. If you won't be using that with your aftermarket stereo, wrap it up and cover it.

Your vehicle may differ :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool deal. Thanks for the info guys. I should have all the parts next week. I'll post up some install pics when I finish it all up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts