DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was originally thinking about purchasing a set of the Hertz MLK1650.3, but then I saw this comparative video. To say the least, it's got me thinking twice about the Hertz.

Now I'm thinking about ordering the STEGs. Does anyone have experience buying from Fred & Sound?

Thanks for any insight,
Pete

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
sadly, its absolutely impossible to tell anything of value from a wandering phone camera..all I hear is a ton of midrange from both sets. I personally would go with the tried and true hertz units, seriously good speakers. the steg units could be great, but no one can tell from the video.

I'd be curious to know what you found in that video that made you 2nd guess the hertz?

Reactions: TerryGreen5986

·
Registered
18,466 Posts
sadly, its absolutely impossible to tell anything of value from a phone camera..
This. Ignore everything you hear via internet "demo" videos. Not saying either or is better it worse. Just saying this way of auditioning is not possible to get a halfway decent comparison

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not all internet demo's revolve around sound quality. Sometimes you just want to see the hardware in action. Besides, I have never seen anyone/anywhere say internet demo's are the way to go.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I cant tell much but Im intrigued!
It is neat to watch. Those guys have other nice toys to play with. I would personally never buy Steg for several reasons. One reason for example is the lack of Thiele/Small(t/s) parameters. However, on the hand, even if you never gave me the t/s specs on the above mentioned Hertz products I would still buy them. That is based on user reviews which are credible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'd be curious to know what you found in that video that made you 2nd guess the hertz?
So four main things caught my attention in his comparison video and comments:

1. The STEG woofer is visibly & physically being driven much more than the Hertz. The Hertz is barely moving.

2. This guy Fred seems very credible just by the sheer number of speakers he's auditioned. After all those speakers, he's tremendously biased toward the STEGs saying they're the best speaker in the world currently.

3. Fred says the tweeters are much less harsh on the STEG relative to the Hertz. I don't like harsh tweeters.

4. His custom test track is really awesome! He likes music similar to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, and I knew id seen those ceramic cones before and Ground Zero has a whole line of them with different magnets.
Wow you're right. They look the same as the GZPC 165SQ set except for the magnet. I wonder what's up with that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a bit suspicious about this whole thing. A number of other threads are saying that Steg, as owned by GT Trading, went bust in about 2007 and Gladen bought the brand. The current Gladen website doesn't mention Steg at all but does mention the Mosconi brand which they bought.

The GT Trading website has documents in Italian which appear to say that the brand went bust in 2006 and was re-registered again in 2016 by GT Trading.

Mainly what makes me suspicious is I can't find any reputable website that is selling the current Steg gear. There's 'Fred' in Israel who sells via his youtube channel and a shop in the Philippines.

The GT Trading website says there are more than 60 distributors around the world. Why aren't they on the internet?

I also can't find any reviews about the current Steg gear, other than Fred's reviews.

I'm just wondering whether the GT Trading website is a fake.

Another thing is the speakers are pretty cheap considering they are hand made in Italy and supposedly the best speakers in the world right now. $300 US for the Steg ST650C which are supposedly better than anything else in the $800 range, e.g. Hertz MLK.

If anyone can enlighten any further it would be great. Hopefully I'm wrong and they are genuine and great value for money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was originally thinking about purchasing a set of the Hertz MLK1650.3, but then I saw this comparative video. To say the least, it's got me thinking twice about the Hertz.

Now I'm thinking about ordering the STEGs. Does anyone have experience buying from Fred & Sound?

Thanks for any insight,
Pete
Hello

i have my own experiens with fred and sound..
by the way they are great and saved me a lot of money !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If anyone can enlighten any further it would be great. Hopefully I'm wrong and they are genuine and great value for money.[/QUOTE]

i made my own research with gt trading and all the following information i got from the ceo himselff called salvo:

Gt trading is 35 years made in italy
they made the steg company and audiosystem italy.
gttrading do high end lines and make them in italy in small quanity compared to other brands this is why cant find them much on the net(same as hybrid audio) , they are sold as high end gear..

before 10 years gttrading sold only the name audiosystem to germany (GLADEN), on condition that they call it "audios stsem germany the sound" , they
own gladen and make the exactly same items as amps speakers..

mosconi used to work with gttrading and get the desigen from there, most of mosconi workers used to work for gttrading.
when they gave the permission to audiosystem germany they gave also mosconi
so now they are 3 same brands all germany design and made in china
some model of mosconi say italy design.

as for sample: audiosystem italy twister f4-400 is gttrading design and price is around 300$ the mosconi 100.4 same board exactly sale for 600$.

gttrading stay cheap becuse they are the main designers and manufacture.
if we buy a alpine F1 status tweeter it will cost 1k but vifa and scanspek manufacture that and we can get the same tweeter for 80$

about the speaker as i know they make they own designs as for the ceramic membrane its a 5 years development.
they sold only the membrane to Ground Zero model is: GZPC 165SQ with reguler motor magnet and they own the eisa award !
the STEG RE 65C is the full version of high end technologhy
it comes with ceramic membran, 3.55mm voice coil, neo magnet, ferrofluid cooling, and 32mm silck tweeter same neo technology.
i had my old mile mlk2, its a way better set then the new mlk1650.3 legend (my Friend have the new mille legend)
when i saw the video i ask what is better then the mille line
Fred offerd me: RE 65C said currently the best speaker in the world, or the ST650c half price.. and much better than any set for double the price..
to say the truth i was afraid to believe.. and he said im here for real test i dont care to any brand and im trying to offer/help/sell only what is the best value !
i have seen so many videos of him (about 200+ they have) and he really tested a lot of spekaers..
I hesitate to try the re 65c so i went for the ST650c.
i got my package to USA after a week and i was surprised !!!
i have never heard that amount of power and sound quality for that budget price.
its a high end brand.
and yes i prefer them then my mille set, the mids are fully vocaled deep bass and the tweeters are so warm and detailed, i could not wait after a week to contact them and directly purchase the STEG RE 65C !
and all i can say is WWOOWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is unbelievable that a company produce that kind of sound quality and build quality for that price.
i would pay also 2k for that
sound is like 3d ilusion so warm punchy bass and voal like a dream warm 3 way system from a 2 way set.
the tweeter i cant imagine and explain, better then all i ever heared, and i heard also focal utopia be,
the STEG SQ32 tweeter(comes with re 65c) is just PERFECT !
i was thinkin the same before i tried because its too good to be true, but it is !
last week i have seen on they website the midrange called SQ35c its a ceramic membran same as RE series.. i will buy it soon and keep update.
happy finaly to find real shop or guys that say the truth and not trying just to sell..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just do add some details to the story:

Audio System Germany was previously owned by Henning Gladen & Axel Foderer. Then separated the business, Audio System Germany selling its products only in Germany, and Gladen Audio selling Audio System products internationa (same or similarproducts selling in Germany as X-ion, international selling as X-series). Then Gladen came with own brand and products (although XL/RS series amps are similar to Audio System Germany X/S series)

Regarding SQ32 tweeter, they are with 99,9% probability the old ProAudio TWA 32 https://www.rgsound.it/twa32_proaudio-id-3427.html (had them and were great, one of the best sounding tweeters)

·
Registered
4 Posts
you just repeat what i said lol..
gttrading gave purmissian similer name to GLADEN of audiosystem germany
as i said audiosystem germany its of Gladen both have same speakers and amps..
audiosystem the sound germany by the way sell worldwide and have 12 distributors around the world, when gladen got the similer name gttrading gave them also old technology AMP BOARD AND FROM THEWRE GLADEN tried TO UPGRADE, belive me sound is shit.. (cold)
the main thing is gttading is the motherboard, and i have the steg k series and twister amp in my car the sound is warm and super detailed (replaced from audison voce 5.1k)
about the tweeter you send here as i said STEG/audiuosystem italy makes design for many brands, but for themselves they keep the best..
you realy need to hear the STEG RE 65C bro !
can't go close to any hertz model, STEG is night and day better !

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Alot of interesting read here on STEG and GT TRADING... It caught my attention as i have a older GT-42 Boston amp made by G.T, and still love it... But as i write this i have a AUDIOSYSTEM ITALY TWISTER IV F4-650 on the way... It was a impulse bye and i hope im happy with it when it gets here..and 350.00 dollors. :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts