DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I assume that means they have enough built for pre orders, but they are in multiple shipments. I have no evidence to this though.

I have my complete SI system waiting to be installed! M25’s, M3’s, TM65Mkiii’s and 2 BM MkV’s. I can’t wait to get them in and playing!! I had TM65’s when they first came out, can not wait to hear the improvements from those to the Gen 3’s.

The build quality is excellent with these drivers. Very solid, nice sturdy push terminals. All in all a home run. I will be leaving a review in this thread as well in my build log as soon as they get installed by Mark and I have some seat time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Slowpoke
1,350 Posts
Also could you please explain how it plays clean so low even though it has an Fs of 98hz ??

THANKS!!!
This is keeping me on the sidelines. It sort of defies conventional wisdom. I'm waiting to hear some moar reviews and maybe even in-door measurements before ordering up a pair.

Not that I'm in any hurry - I've had a pair of MkIIs sitting here for close to 2 years that have never been installed :rolleyes:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nick, do you have a sealed enclosure recommendation for the mk3 ??

Also could you please explain how it plays clean so low even though it has an Fs of 98hz ??

THANKS!!!
Just a lil' bump cause I'd be really interested in the answer to this question.

·
Vendor
2,377 Posts
could you please explain how it plays clean so low even though it has an Fs of 98hz ??

THANKS!!!

Sorry guys, been a bit busy building 24's,18's and RM's. Super busy but I knew this thread was active and that Seafish asked the question of the higher Fs so here is the answer:

The previous mkII version had an Fs in the 75 Hz region and they would play down into the high 30 Hz region in-vehicle. They had a lot of bass, let alone midbass. Many people who have had midbass drivers capable of playing well below where a midbass driver normally plays and they use that ability by high-passing them very low (below 50 Hz, even 30 Hz) know that the 6.5's will tear apart your doors.

Since 99.99% of our customers use subwoofers we decided to stiffen up the suspension on the mkIII's to limit its lower bandwidth to the 50 Hz region on up when used in a vehicle. And in stiffening the suspension the new mkIII driver is even more mechanically durable when additional power is applied. Free air resonance changed by 20 Hz from 75 Hz to 95 Hz and the in-vehicle response shows exactly what we were after - the mkIII's play very well from 55/60 Hz on up to 10,000 Hz. Substantial overall bandwidth improvement over the mkII and there's also above a 3+ dB increase in sensitivity over the mkIII with it landing a solid 91 dB at 2.83 V.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am pairing my mkiii's to the m25 tweeter in a 2 way active system. Obviously in car response is going to matter for tuning, but what would be a good starting crossover point for this setup? I was running the mk1's and had to cross them lower, but now these can play up way higher than the mk1's.

Also, for those wondering and me maybe in the future, if you throw the m3 in here, where would you/did you cross them over at?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Previously, I ran my MKII on 100watts rms down to 45hz with a 36db/octave slope. I didn't need a subwoofer. The doors has CLV, CCF, MLV, fast rings, and fiberglass.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Previously, I ran my MKII on 100watts rms down to 45hz with a 36db/octave slope. I didn't need a subwoofer. The doors has CLV, CCF, MLV, fast rings, and fiberglass.
That's probably the best point made in this whole thread. If you seal and dampen a door properly, they will do magical things. No speaker will perform optimally in a plug and play scenario. This may also be the discrepancy in performance. I never recommend buying a high end speaker, without properly treating the door first. Would you mount a specific sealed enclosure sub to your rear deck? Even though they work in any scenario, they're much better in an ideal scenario. Actually amazing, IMO.

I used the word scenario way too many times in this thread.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Have all Pre-orders been shipped? I have not received a shipping notice on mine. I sent an email to [email protected] with my invoice info a few days ago to inquire, with no response yet.

Not sure if you got your order squared away yet but I would try calling or try this email. Pretty sure all preorders went out a while ago. @Electrodynamic [email protected] or 731-439-9629

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not sure if you got your order squared away yet but I would try calling or try this email. Pretty sure all preorders went out a while ago. @Electrodynamic [email protected] or 731-439-9629

I did send a 2nd email over the weekend and copied Nick’s email as well. Nick responded quickly (even took the time to send me a reply on a Sunday) and sent my order out on Monday morning. They’re on the way...

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
Thanks for performing this review as these speakers are on my short list for my winter audio swap in my 2019 WRX.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Just ordered my 3rd set Wed and will be ordering two more sets before the months out. I throw these in ALL my cars. lol

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Looks like it still has the silly surround style of the mk1. Mine fell apart after a year. "You gotta use nylon washers", whatever.
Nylon washers AND drywall screws! C'mon, you shoulda known that! :p

Just poking a little fun...

:D

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I just installed my mkIIs with the small-headed screws they came with - no problems, the surround is clear.

·
Registered
920 Posts
My years-old V1's, as well as both sets of v2's are still slamming away. No issues whatsoever. Likewise with my BM mk4, and both mk5's.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts