DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
There's no reason not to still...and if you don't like em some one else will buy them off of you.😈
Eh. I've spent enough money on this build already. I'm sure I'll be happy with the Dyn 8s I bought from Niebur.

Reactions: ItsonlyaHONDA

·
Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,431 Posts
Reality early 2023 so that could still be 6 months out!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Reality early 2023 so that could still be 6 months out!
That's what I'm saying. I'm just about ready to start my build (I have a couple smaller items to buy yet, and I have to clean out my garage so I have somewhere to work). Optimistically, I should be able to start installing by the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
We can dream, lol. The ZRs are widely regarded as one of the best midbass drivers ever. Used ones still sell for more than what Nick will be charging for these.
Yeah, My two pair would have an impossible time of trying to leave my possession as well as my quantity of 5 JBL W15gtimkII's:cool:. I would love to turn Nick's 8 inch MB drivers into my new cult classic drivers.

·
Super Moderator
2,186 Posts
Thanks Al!

Now talk him into 2-ohm SVC, nix the built-in rain guard, and no large/bulky spring terminals. :p
Nah, we only discuss relevant stuff :p

Last year at the VA meet, I gave him a demo of my truck and he seemed pretty happy with it. I told him I was running the Morel 6x9, but had some MW9's ready to install. He told me he was tossing around the idea of an 8", but the tooling was expensive, and he wasn't sure how well it would be received. I told him I thought it was a good gamble...so when they come out, you guys need to buy him out of stock.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Personally, I'd like to have the Fs in the 45Hz range or lower.

And again, 2-ohm impedance would be ideal IMO.

As long as the listed 7mm one-way xmax is real world accurate I'm good with it. Wish it had a bit more wiggle room on the xmech, but it's a very shallow 8" midbass, so there's that.

I really don't want the built-in rain/water guard on this one, though. That is easy enough to implement on a per-install basis when needed.

While the shallow mounting depth of the TM65 was and is nice and made fitment less of an issue in depth-challenged installs, the built-in rain guard caused its own fitment issues in many circumstances, requiring metal to be cut more often than not...

So if you thought the TM65's would be an easy "drop-in" install because of the shallow mounting depth, you might have been caught off-guard and had issues getting them to fit in your OEM openings due to the added girth and protrusion of the rain guard.

Just my .02 FWIW

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’ll cut, just bring ’em… 😂

kidding, I have the room but I know other may struggle. It’d be interesting if you could make the rainguard an injected molded piece that could be snapped on and off so people had a choice but it not really cost effective. Like you stated, we can make something and should be anyway if we are getting enough water intrusion. help save the speaker, the wiring and the other electronics.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts