DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install a JVC stereo in a 2003 Dodge Neon. Car starts, stereo makes noise like it's starting then the car dies...unplug stereo car runs fine. What am I missing??? I grounded thru the harness, should I go right to the chassis?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Did you wire the stereo with an adapter harness? It sounds like your wiring is not correct.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I got the wiring harness at Best Buy, double checked my wires colors, all is good, there were two yellow and two black wires in the harness I bought, the JVC harness had one yellow and one black, I attached the two to the one, correct? Did not leave any loose.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Since you are having this problem with the stereo hooked up, no, I don't think you wired it correctly. Did you read the wiring diagram that came with the Best Buy harness? You can cap off or tape off unused wires so they don't accidentally short to ground.

Butt connectors are fine. If you figure out the problem then you can solder the wires if you want, but it isn't necessary.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was one of the butt connectors, I snipped them all off and soldered all my wires, I had left two wires unconnected and they were capped out of the bag. After soldering and taping stereo and car work fine. Thank You

1 - 6 of 6 Posts