DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
"Stetsom has a very unique build style ...."

IMHO this doesn't really scream build quality, attention to detail, or anything (close up it looks pretty ugly inside) but I must say it delivers some serious power in a small package...then again, gen VII hifonics looked pretty ugly inside as well as many of the other really nice stuff I played with in the early days. On the other other hand, it's almost 2010 and I'm not sure if there's really an excuse to not have a cleaner layout.

I do not doubt the claims of these doing rated power. I have heard that the latest generation has improved a bit. I will eventually do some 4 ohm testing with this (there's no "sound quality" at 140+ db and there's not much at 1 ohm).

Will start another thread with more details.

·
Registered
63 Posts

IMHO this doesn't really scream build quality, attention to detail, or anything (close up it looks pretty ugly inside) but I must say it delivers some serious power in a small package...then again, gen VII hifonics looked pretty ugly inside as well as many of the other really nice stuff I played with in the early days. On the other other hand, it's almost 2010 and I'm not sure if there's really an excuse to not have a cleaner layout.

I do not doubt the claims of these doing rated power. I have heard that the latest generation has improved a bit. I will eventually do some 4 ohm testing with this (there's no "sound quality" at 140+ db and there's not much at 1 ohm).

Will start another thread with more details.
I'm pretty sure those pics are from Alan Dante's amps which he modded with Kicker 1/0 on the inside. While he does hold a world spl record, I agree the insides look messy at best.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm pretty sure those pics are from Alan Dante's amps which he modded with Kicker 1/0 on the inside. While he does hold a world spl record, I agree the insides look messy at best.

Yep, the guy I got it from said it was one from Dante's build. Bought it off another forum this week.

This is currently MY amp.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
I remember one of the comments I got in trouble for on another forum when someone posted the guts of a first generation high voltage class D amp. I think I said something to the effect of it looking like it was assembled by a retarded monkey on crack. The cardboard insulator under the transformer really took the cake.

·
Registered
159 Posts
How does the JL HD750/1 perform against other small form factor amps? Will this amp be good enough to power a JL12w7 on a small ported enclosure to make some serious pounding bass?

101 - 106 of 106 Posts