DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric was so kind to send me the prototype to do some pre production in field testing. This is nowhere near production level cosmetics as Eric hand built this woofer as purely a test mule. I’ve only had it in my car for about 24 hours, but my initial impression is that it is very, very impressive. It plays extremely low with authority, but has enough motor force to keep cone control on point. It out performs my Kicker CompQ, which is also a low distortion, high output design and a very capable driver itself. I cannot wait to get this paired up with the Stevens Audio SA6CS set in my customers 2016 Colorado with some real power as I only have 250w on it now. I personally think Eric knocked it out of the park with this subwoofer!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^agree, would like more info about the enclosure and how many subs you are running and how many that enclosure holds.

It is just under .5 sealed and it holds a single driver.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
That is impressive then. Have anything else of better quality to compare it against....like a GB Series Sub from Audiofrog or something from Image Dynamics?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just the Kicker CompQ and a Hertz Mille from 2009 era. But if you have no experience with that particular Kicker woofer, I would keep the better quality comment to yourself. It is also a very impressive driver using a bunch of the same technologies.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan on doing that sometime this week. It will all be posted here when I do.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Eric was so kind to send me the prototype to do some pre production in field testing. This is nowhere near production level cosmetics as Eric hand built this woofer as purely a test mule. I’ve only had it in my car for about 24 hours, but my initial impression is that it is very, very impressive. It plays extremely low with authority, but has enough motor force to keep cone control on point. It out performs my Kicker CompQ, which is also a low distortion, high output design and a very capable driver itself. I cannot wait to get this paired up with the Stevens Audio SA6CS set in my customers 2016 Colorado with some real power as I only have 250w on it now. I personally think Eric knocked it out of the park

Sexy sub. You are a lucky guy.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Production woofers will be even sexier.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered