DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won a Kicker KX550.3 on Ebay the other day. I am going to run my sub which I already have @ 2ohm. It is a Kapp Perfect 10". I am looking for a set of components to go along with this. $150.00 and under. I kow the Kappas are harsh, what is the consensus of the Reference line? Any other suggestions would be great. The PG RSD's are not an option. Thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I won a Kicker KX550.3 on Ebay the other day. I am going to run my sub which I already have @ 2ohm. It is a Kapp Perfect 10". I am looking for a set of components to go along with this. $150.00 and under. I kow the Kappas are harsh, what is the consensus of the Reference line? Any other suggestions would be great. The PG RSD's are not an option. Thanks.
Why are the RSD's not an option? The reference line sucks something fierce, I had a pair in my old car unfortunately. There was no bass, the midrange was so-so and the tweeter while less bright than the kappas seemed really peaky. They just sounded unnatural.

If I was in your shoes, I'd look around here for something used... maybe a set of ID components or something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts