DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Stinger Bullet ICs easy to shorten, i.e. is the male RCA soldered to the wire. These ICs are only available in 12' and 17' and I need something between this. Or does anyone know of a small diameter raw IC wire to use... trying to keep 6 runs from HU to amp as compact as possible. Bullets look like good value for the $. Not interested in molded RCA connectors.

TIA,
Jim

·
Registered
524 Posts
Jimmy,

If you wanted to go all out you could make your own. Just like anything else DIY you can have exceptional quality RCA's for a fraction of the price. Plus, you can make each one a different color and exact size for your application. I plan on doing just this with my install. Here is a link to get you started. Some very good information there.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I found my self spending quite a bit of $$$ of good looking quality RCA plugs to make my own wires... so in the end I spent about the same & had to spend a good afternoon making my wires...

Personally, I think the Bullet series from Stinger are a good value...

If you are into wire sonics, then by all means go for whatever gives you peace of mind ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys and good reference.

I've built my share of DIY ICs but for car use it looks like you can good some decent long ICs for low dollars. My orginal question was could the Stingers be easily cut and shortened.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.