DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Keepin' It Old School
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got in a used Stinger SPS80 80A 13.8v power supply. Unfortunately, it was shipped cross country in a box the unit was squeezed in without ANY protective packing (from a 1000+ feedback eBay member). :mad:

Anyway, it has a 20A plug and I have a 20A circuit for my other car audio power supplies. I was curious if there was any way to turn on this unit other than to plug it in? I see Stinger has replaced this model with the SPS70, and I didn't see any info in the manual about powering the unit up either. I've contacted Stinger about the SPS80 and they have not responded.

I've checked the (3) 30A fuses and they are not blown. The unit doesn't power up and I've verified no voltage at the outputs. I'm guessing the unit was damaged due to lack of packing, but just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something before I contact the seller.

Also, the unit appears to have "part" of the SPS charging module (plug and wire), but not the charging display box. I've attempted to power up the unit with and without the module plugged in with no avail.

Here are some pics of the unit. Anyone know anything about this unit? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
12,054 Posts

·
Keepin' It Old School
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I wouldnt worry about figureing it out, honestly. ask the sell if there is any trick to turning it on. if he says "plug it in and it works" then you know it is defective.
I've contacted the seller, just awaiting a response. I was thinking someone here may have one of these or has at least used one. My Audio Authority power supplies have a turn on switch, but this Stinger unit just looks like a modified computer power supply...

I was keeping hope the unit wasn't defective, but I'm afraid I'll have to face reality....and work out a refund w/ the seller.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts