DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am a new member here on diymobileaudio but I have been reading the threads on the forum for quite some time.
I am looking to upgrade my stock system but I am on a tight budget(around 300$ for 2 sets of speakers-front and rear- and 300$ for a 4channel amp). So I`ve decided to first upgrade my speaker system, but I want to place the speakers in the stock positions,so only 13cm -
This is my first car audio upgrade but I have some previous experience with house audio. Usually I`d try to pick my speakers by going out and listening to some of the models I`d want, but in my country there are usually only low-end speakers set-up for customers to listen.
From my research so far I`ve been looking at the following:

Front component speakers:
-Alpine Type G and namely SPG-13CS
-DLS Classics B5A aka DLS Performance B5A
-SPL Dynamics SD 5.2

Rear coaxial speakers:
-SPL Dynamcis SD 502
-Alpine Type G SPG-13C2
-DLS Classic 225 aka DLS Performance 225

Amp:
-Alpine PMX-F640
-MAC Audio MPX 4500
-Kenwood KAC-7405

So far I`ve heard good things of the Mac Audio amp and the Alpine amp but I`m leaning towards the first.
As for the speakers I haven`t found any good reviews about any of them. I know that the SPL`s are a little more bassy ,which is a good thing till I put in an sub , but thats all.
So what do you think ? Are the speakers or amps any good? Are there any others better for the price?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Check out the MB Quart ONX4.125. Its a great value if you can get it where you are. In the US its under $200 and could give you more money for speakers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like a good amp but I can`t find it on my first search in Romania, the cheapest 4 channel MBQuart I could find was a DSC 450 for a lil bit over 200$, but I will keep looking for the ONX4.125, thanks for the suggestion :) .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts