DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Xtant 603x and it is behaving badly. Over-current light is on (yellow). There is something seriously wrong as I can hear the music (well, not really, just a distorted version of the sound) coming from the amp itself (without speakers)! What the heck is going on? I would think something is shorting/diverting the signal/output into the board? Grateful for input from those with knowledge on this type of stuff. Never heard this bizarre scenario in my life. I have a second 603x that works flawlessly in its place, so it isn't me nor the setup. TIA!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have an old Xtant 603x and it is behaving badly. Over-current light is on (yellow). There is something seriously wrong as I can hear the music (well, not really, just a distorted version of the sound) coming from the amp itself (without speakers)! What the heck is going on? I would think something is shorting/diverting the signal/output into the board? Grateful for input from those with knowledge on this type of stuff. Never heard this bizarre scenario in my life. I have a second 603x that works flawlessly in its place, so it isn't me nor the setup. TIA!
HAHA!

My instructor told me he once ran into this issue with an amp. He was bent over in a trunk and had is ear close to the amp and heard Lil' John, "Yeeaaahhhh, whhhaaat". If I remember correctly, he said something along the lines of feedback in the transistors, I THINK*. I can't remember exactly cause I was too busy laughing and joking about calling a priest in to preform an exorcism on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts