DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I'm setting up my Helix V-Eight. All input is derived from a TOSLINK OPTICAL input from an HDMI25. All internal amp channels are running wonderfully:

A&B = Tweeters
C&D = midranges
E = center
F&G = midbass
H= differential rear fill

However, the external RCA output channels are acting screwy.

I am routing Digital L 50% and Digital R 50% to a virtual channel. The virtual channel routes to Helix V Eight output I. The channel I RCA output physically links to a Helix G One mono amp channel A set to 1ch mode.

My problem is I get no signal to the sub.

If I re-load an amp configuration signal passes through RCA output "I" briefly. The sub plays OK for a few seconds until the configuration loads into the amp. But then the sub mutes and plays no more. I can repeat this process over and over again. Same result.

I couldn't have a bad RCA cable if the sub worked for a few seconds. I tried moving stuff around. Finally I moved the RCA cable to Helix V Eight RCA channel output J. The sub received signal and started to play.

Strange. Channel J is unassigned and not active in the DSP software. HUH?

I was legally blind when I was first setting the amp up. Windows 10 at 100% text pitch on a 13" laptop monitor is VERY hard to read.

Is there some setting in the Helix DSP software that will swap physical RCA outputs I & J that I may have stumbled upon accidentally? Please help. This is driving me mad.

Ge0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I'm running SDMI25 and a dsp3 connected to an URC.3 remote and Wifi controller.
I have had similar problems with lost sub. It was then related to the the Wifi controller when it was configured to use the app.
I haven't investigated the issue further, but I assume there needs to be a correct setup in the app as well.

Based on this, I would start with removing the settings around the wifi if you have anything like that set-up and see if there is any difference.

PS. I really like your build thread!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
Funnily enough I couldn’t get jack diddly squat from my aux in on my dsp.3... it wasn’t until I connected the app I saw it had defaulted to -60db on the level for the aux in 🙈 been caught with that before... I reckon I’ve switched the stereo on in range with my iPad and it’s connected and set default levels
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm running SDMI25 and a dsp3 connected to an URC.3 remote and Wifi controller.
I have had similar problems with lost sub. It was then related to the the Wifi controller when it was configured to use the app.
I haven't investigated the issue further, but I assume there needs to be a correct setup in the app as well.

Based on this, I would start with removing the settings around the wifi if you have anything like that set-up and see if there is any difference.

PS. I really like your build thread!
I haven't used the app yet. At this phase I am strictly tuning via Wifi with a Windows 10 PC. It seems strange that a communication type (USB or Wifi) could mess with amp configuration.

Thx about the build thread.

Ge0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did have the app installed on my phone but had not tried it yet. I deleted it for now just to rule it out.

Ge0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobody else? Why do I always seem to be that one lucky guy?

Ge0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Are you runnig the latest version of the PC-tool- 4.70a (Beta) ?
This is from the release notes and might be a good explanation.
  • HELIX V EIGHT DSP MK2 - Line output channels I & J we reversed and are now correctly assigned
Also, be aware of this
  • HELIX V EIGHT DSP MK2 - a bug has been fixed which caused all amplified channels to be reversed in polarity. After updating the software it might be necessary to check the polarity settings for the line outputs as these might need to be readjusted to match the correct polarity of the amplifier channels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you runnig the latest version of the PC-tool- 4.70a (Beta) ?
This is from the release notes and might be a good explanation.
  • HELIX V EIGHT DSP MK2 - Line output channels I & J we reversed and are now correctly assigned
Also, be aware of this
  • HELIX V EIGHT DSP MK2 - a bug has been fixed which caused all amplified channels to be reversed in polarity. After updating the software it might be necessary to check the polarity settings for the line outputs as these might need to be readjusted to match the correct polarity of the amplifier channels.
Well slap me on the ass and call me uncle Charlie. Thanks GubbNicke!!!

I am running 4.65 and have not downloaded the 4.70 Beta yet. Sure sounds like these two release notes capture the problem I am seeing.

Ge0
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top