DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Need some advice on this one.
Here are my trucks details before I ask whats wrong.

Stock 160 Amp Alt
Stock Battery
(deck) Eclipse AVN726e
Stinger RCA's
(1) HD750/1
(1) HD600/4
(1) IDMAX 12 D2
(fronts) DLS Nordica 6.2
(rears) DLS UP6i
Big 3 applied

I have had the system installed for about 7 months works flawless. 2 weeks ago my drivers side front components are off when I start the truck then slowly fade in to full volume after about 10 minuets. This has happened only twice over the last month. Happens randomly. this week has been no problems. So its hard for me to trouble shoot the problem. First thought is bad RCA's. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
RCAs or HU are what come to mind first. switch the RCAS left to right and see if the problem switches side.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
If the problem switches to the other side when you swap RCA's its probably a bad channel on the amp.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
If the problem switches to the other side when you swap RCA's its probably a bad channel on the amp.
no its not. if the problem switches side when you switch RCAs from one side to the other, then the problem is BEFORE the amp. if the problem does not switch sides, then it is the amp.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right, If I switch the RCA Left channel to the right channel and the problem moves to the right channel then the problem is before the amp. If I switch and the the problems stays, the amps left channel is the problem.

Now i gotta just wait and see. It may not happen again for a week or 2.

no its not. if the problem switches side when you switch RCAs from one side to the other, then the problem is BEFORE the amp. if the problem does not switch sides, then it is the amp.

·
Registered
72 Posts
A co-worker just asked me about this last week, he had the same problem. Only difference was his was on a home amp without RCA cables. I suspect the amp is going out but I don't know enough about amp innards to know exactly where the problem would be.

Your results from switching the RCAs might be of value to us, please update this when you find anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts