DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm facing a strange issue with my Kenny x794 head unit. Ive always used this unit with a 4 channel amp and thus the internal amp was always kept off from day 1. The front and rear pre-outs went to the PDX 4 channel and then it powered the front and back speakers. Then few of months ago i deided to do a semi-active setup at the front. So i needed all 4 channels from the amp and so the HU rear pre-out was disconnected from the amp, and disconnected both rear speakers from the amp and rear speakers were not being used since then.

The previous weekend i decided to connect the rear speakers to the HU directly, as per the manual and i wired the rear speaker wires to the HU. Then i turned on the internal amplifier expecting the rear speakers to sing along, but it didn't. I resetted the HU, tried all possible settings in the HU like DSP off, TA off, Position ALL etc.. but all in vain. I was sure the rear speakers were connected but i checked again before deciding to post here and found that both speakers are connected.

Now i don't have the faintest of the idea as to why the rear speakers are not producing any kind of sound! I want the rear speakers to sing but i can't use the 4 channel amp anymore as i don't want to disturb the front setup. What is wrong? Or is it this way with this HU? I re checked the manual and got nothing.

This HU isn't bluetooth enabled and doesn't have any bluetooth kit connected to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody? Any thoughts?

Today i removed the front and sub RCA outputs (the only connected RCAs) from the amp to see if it makes the rear speaker sing. But unfortunately nothing happened.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts