DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Good to know!

Thanks.

What is your suggestion in reference to "layering."

Or is it even worth the $$$ to layer it 3 times per door? (Inside of door shell, exterior of door shell, and then back of door card.)

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Layering cld is a pointless waste of money. I'd just do cld and see how much more insulation you want after that. If you leave the trunk floor untreated you'll probably retain most of your exhaust noise/drone.
Edit> Inside the outer door skin and on the interior side of the inner door frame is all you need as far as cld'ing the doors, then sandwich some ccf between the door and door card. Try to close all of the holes in the inner door with cld.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Layering cld is a pointless waste of money. I'd just do cld and see how much more insulation you want after that. If you leave the trunk floor untreated you'll probably retain most of your exhaust noise/drone.
Edit> Inside the outer door skin and on the interior side of the inner door frame is all you need as far as cld'ing the doors, then sandwich some ccf between the door and door card. Try to close all of the holes in the inner door with cld.
I was looking at soundskins pro and I was thinking about layering it twice and calling it a day. That is layering the inside of the door shell and then the exterior of the door shell. Use the remaining pieces left over for small parts in the door card.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

61 - 62 of 62 Posts