DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me out in finding the stubbiest (shortest) RCA connectors you can think of? It can either be a stand along connector or a pre-made RCA cable. I used these REAN NYS373 connectors on my DIY cables and they are just really crammed in there between the end of my Massive NX5 amp and the trans hump in my car. When I clean up some wiring I want to fix it so I don't have as much stress on the amp connections.

I am considering just getting some KnuKonceptz Karma SS pre-made cables since they look shorter and a priced right, but wanted to see if anybody knew of something shorter.

Thanks!

·
Banned
342 Posts
Streetwires zn9

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
just about all the streetwires ones are really short.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those ZN9 look good! I'll see if I can find some at a reasonable price.

·
Banned
342 Posts
i got 4 pairs willing let it go

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Those ZN9 look good! I'll see if I can find some at a reasonable price.
you can find zn9 at a reasonable price. they callem zn3 or zn5 :p

cant say that I would pay for zn9. they are all biult well and electrons dont know they are traveling down a over priced cable. ;)

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
They can be had for a lot better price if you look around. Not as cheap as the 5 or 7 but the 9's are better built.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Those shorty cables are just short cables and not sure on the quality.

I need 4 sets of cables. Two around 6 ft, one around 3ft, one around 12 ft. These are ballpark estimates, I need to go from under the driver seat to under the passenger seat with two sets, one just connecting two components under the driver seat, and one (in the future, when the bit ten is available) will connect from behind the dash to under the driver seat.

gucci, PM me about the cables you have.

Sonic has some great prices on the ZN5 cables, I might have to snag those up if they have them in all the lengths I need.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
:eek: that is good. I think those are ussualy like $40

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The newer JL Audio line (XD I think) are pretty stubby on the ends.

Oh, & I'll second the notion to steer clear of Knu, I've had a couple bad experiences with them.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The newer JL Audio line (XD I think) are pretty stubby on the ends.

Oh, & I'll second the notion to steer clear of Knu, I've had a couple bad experiences with them.
Knukoncepts makes VERY nice RCA cables. Their Krystal line is very nice and well built.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've used Knu cables in the past and had no issues. They would actually be my first choice if they were as short as those Streetwires. I'm probably gonna just go with the ZN5. I found all the lengths I need.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, so I got the specs for my REAN 373 connectors and they are a whopping 2.362" from tip to the end where the wire comes out. No wonder I have issues with space! The Knu connectors are only 1.67", so that is an improvement. Could somebody with a set of the Zero Noise connectors do me a favor and measure one of the RCA ends from tip to where the wire comes out? I'd prefer the Knu, but if the Streetwires are way shorter, I'll get them.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I also came across these Tsunami RCA cables, which look a lot like those Streetwires, but are way cheaper. Anybody have experience with them? I certainly don't want junk, so if nobody has ever used them, I'll stick with proven cables. Nothing worse than pulling up all the carpet again, installing noisy/crappy cables, and having to re-do the process to fix it.

http://www.amazon.com/Tsunami-RCA701-1-5-Male-Cable-feet/dp/B003X26XI0

1 - 20 of 23 Posts