DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the ms8. I love it. I also have 3 vibe litebox amps (the arc clones) pushing 3 h audio trinities (one in center channel), 2 Dayton rs180s, and a helix e300 12". I have stock rear speakers powered by the amps as well.

If anyone has seen the vibes you know the switches and gains are ridiculous and hidden on the underside. My amp rack makes them a pain to access to boot.

Also, if you have an ms8 and, like me, assume its just a box full of magic, you know that it does some pretty tricky stuff to achieve great imaging.

Well, I was convinced that there was something wrong with my driver side midbass. It seemed like I was getting nothing out of it and the stage would wander to the right all the time. I knew it wasn't blown, so I dug around for possible fixes and found that it may be hooked up out of phase. So I took the door apart and swapped it (easier than removing the amp rack). Nothing. Still had the issue.

After deciding to check that amp for a goofy switch or gain setting, I came up with nothing still. While I was in there I decided to check the others just for good measure.

The freaking high pass switch was on on the rear fill amp! So I redid the sweeps, crossed my fingers and wham, all is good.

What I figured out is that the rear fill was helping my front stage and the low end (below 300hz) wasn't hitting that left rear speaker. All this trouble and moaning and groaning, and it was a completely different speaker the whole time!

Sorry for the long post, but I am super happy it's fixed and thought I'd share my facepalm-worthy story with you guys.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Am i the only one that has had spare tire wells full of water?
Scared to mount electronics like that.

Good to read you got it sorted out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never had water get in - at least in this car. Owned it for 4 years and never saw a drop.

My cabin pressure valves are higher up and near the tail lights so the spare well is safe... Unless I drive through a pond

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Was faced with the same problem, so I mounted them bottom facing out. I also have a Bit One In my set up.
That's genius!

Kind of a silly design to have the adjustments on the bottom IMHO but I love these little suckers

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I have one of those amps and I agree it is one of the dumbest designs I have seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts