DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of posts with people looking for cheap deadener. I'm wonderinf if anyone has ever tried flooring tile. Its a reflective surface and self adhesive. Its not pliable so it could only be used on large flat areas, but isn't that where most noise comes from anyway? Thoughts?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
you ever seen a perfectly flat surface on a car? you would never get it to stick and integrate into the car.

plenty of sound deadening companies out there.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Cheap, just go get peel and stick and have at it. For a floor it is not a big deal, but vertical surfaces cheap stuff will fall off. Someone else listed an insulator that went under flooring as a cheap alternative. Some don't like it but way I see it if you don't have the budget you use what you can find, its better than no deadening at all. I used to go to the boneyards for lots of parts and cut the insulation out of cadillacs back then, cut it down and put in my car it worked like a charm....before people were into deadening (floor insulation). I have nothing against deadening companies, but when you have a lot of toys and competing issues that need funding and you want them all...at times you have to compromise lol. There are some threads on here not that long ago about different products, most of them from hardware chains.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's basically what I was thinking. My main issues are the roof and back wall. I'm sure the weight of tile will cause issues so I was thinking spray adhesive or rubber cement. It will be covered by headliner anyway. Just wondering if anyone had tried it before. I'm driving a 5klb truck so weight isn't an issue

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
I'm sure you can do the back wall various ways, the roof I dunno. I would pay for the right stuff if I had to do a roof. I did an old 60s car a while back it had a fiberglass pad that went on the roof, it was very light, and the liner went over it. Most noise does not come from the roof so I don't usually mess with them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately, my roof is starting to buckle. Its a 2000 extended cab silverado. I bought window weld to quieten down the windows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts