3261 - 3280 of 3298 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
"What? They sound good!"

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
It's nothing because I've head headunit clip at half volume. It makes. I sense why people would say 3/4

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
True. But with all the installer videos on youtube, we know that current pioneers and Kenwoods dont clip even at full volume. I still do the around 3/4 of max volume since not all recordings are the same volume. Also amps with the DD-1 or something similar built in

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Guy said that System should play balanced and correct with all gains to the max. This guy is looking for new set of midbass drivers, but that new set he said, should follow mid and high output without a problem....... nobody cant help this guy,...useless

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Well...I just killed an afternoon reading this thread. The tension was immense...I just knew I'd find a quote from me in here...LOL! Best thread ever...
One of my quotes was in here. Man I was an ignorant ass back in the day:laugh:However, the quote in this thread wasn't technically wrong. It was about a great system making bad recordings sound worse. As detail in a system increases the bad stuff in a recording also becomes more obvious. I do know bad recordings are way more tolerable with my Sandisk digital audio player I use at work with $10 earbuds than they are going through an sq system that's built and tuned to be super detailed. The earbuds are like listening to music through a stereo TV but as rough as I am on them they get the job done fine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I cut a hole in the floor of my trucks cab now the sub points at the road. The elements won’t damage the sub, no road noise goes through the thin cone. Now everyone can put up with my bass in traffic.

·
(((((((In Stereo)))))))
1,326 Posts
Stop at Best Buy to get some spade connectors and the guy in the car audio section says he doesn't know what that is. Point out what they are in an amp wiring kit, and he says, "Wow, I've never heard of those. I didn't even know stuff like that existed."

Later that day...

I'm at my buddy's shop installing a Helix PSix in my car and friend of a friend asks what amp that is and how much power it puts out. I tell him 120x6 and bro says to me, "Oh the amp I had was way better than that then. It was like 2000 watts, a Hifonics Brutus. But I was running two 12"s, so...."

·
Registered
100 Posts
I once put a Peavey bass amp combo in the trunk of my first car, a 1990 Corolla, and took it to a stereo shop to ask if they could hook it up. At the time, I thought it was stupid when the guy asked me if I knew what it was actually supposed to be used for. Of course I knew, but I was poor and someone had abandoned the thing in my garage after a practice session. Still, I bet that is a story he never stopped telling. I don't think I've ever told anyone. I can't be the only person that ever tried that.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I once put a Peavey bass amp combo in the trunk of my first car, a 1990 Corolla, and took it to a stereo shop to ask if they could hook it up. At the time, I thought it was stupid when the guy asked me if I knew what it was actually supposed to be used for. Of course I knew, but I was poor and someone had abandoned the thing in my garage after a practice session. Still, I bet that is a story he never stopped telling. I don't think I've ever told anyone. I can't be the only person that ever tried that.
It would have worked. I play regular music through my cabs all the time. They sound great for what it is. Sounds like a club or oa type system.

What they don't do is play sub frequcies very well.
Bass guitar is actually a low midrange instrument and most cabs dont like being played too much below about 60hz. The do have content below that but it's used to color the tone and has no real power behind it like actual subs.
It would have gotten loud as hell though and played up to about 3000hz lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
"The guys that were winning all the competitions all used fiberglass because it makes the speakers sound the best".

-Completely uninformed moron pretending to know about something he knows nothing about.

(Eye roll....sigh)- Yours truly...

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

Hell, I ran an old 70's style wooden Pioneer home cabinet speaker (yes, just one of them) with a 15" sub in it sitting in the back seat of my car - running off one channel of an old Pioneer headunit. This was back when CD players were new and it was a 3/4 detachable face unit. I think I paid close to $400 for the deck, if that all gives you any idea.

Hell, I ran that for several years. lol

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
Bose is high end
The thing about Bose is that they are actually really brilliant, but they don't have any interest in selling to the hi-fi market. Bose does amazing things with enclosures, that nobody else is doing, but they are focusing on being in every home, instead of a handful of homes. If Bose took their tech and used high end drivers, they could easily produce some amazing speakers, but they'd rather make money, so they sell products that fit within the price point of most casual listeners, which is a lot more profitable than trying to sell a dozen speakers a year to the audiophile snobs.

3261 - 3280 of 3298 Posts