DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

3281 - 3298 of 3298 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts

guy is selling this on facebook for 75 dollars... here's the post

"sub was pulled from a car fire, and was really bought just to see if it’d still work and i ended up using it for months. thing sounds amazing for being through a fire. the lip has damage but is not blown anywhere. they run 100 brand new so i’m asking 75 but i’m open to offers. i have video proof the sub works and hits hard and doesn’t produce a blown sound. "

·
Registered
169 Posts
That Subwoofer is SKarred for life. Looks like it has Herpes.
View attachment 261181

guy is selling this on facebook for 75 dollars... here's the post

"sub was pulled from a car fire, and was really bought just to see if it’d still work and i ended up using it for months. thing sounds amazing for being through a fire. the lip has damage but is not blown anywhere. they run 100 brand new so i’m asking 75 but i’m open to offers. i have video proof the sub works and hits hard and doesn’t produce a blown sound. "

That's Hot..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Most recent thing I have heard was a car audio shop owner telling me my Chevy volt wouldn't do more than 500 watts lol. I didn't have my sub/amp in the car at the time and too bad I didn't have the Orion 4000.2 in my car to show him a couple thousand watts being put out in my car.

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts

·
Registered
17,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,290

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yesterday in a Swedish Facebook group "everything that is more expensive is better. If you have a soundsystem for 10k it's automatically better than one for 9k"

Like wtf, expensive doesn't automatically mean it's better... When I told them that they got angry and went on a rant, "a tweeter for 1000 bucks is clearly better than one for 900, why would they take 100 bucks more if it wasn't worth it?"

But when I told them "Good so let's build in a Koenigsegg for a couple of mils, it's clearly better than to build in a Saab since the car costs more" they wouldn't recognize their own logic....

Swedish people sometimes

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got a stupid question so hopefully this is the write place to ask this question, if using my kicks for proper imaging for my I saw this ACE640TT 6.5" DVC Dual Tweeter Stereo Trimless Speaker 120W w/Titanium Coated Dome Tweeters hopefully thus link came out right if not copy and paste it, so back to question can I put two of these in my kicks left side aimed to passenger and right aim to driver since it's dvc so we can combine left and right channel to each speaker and their pathlenths are closer to the left and right ear so they should arrive at the same time and at 8 ohm we can use a 100x2 ch amp and parallel the left ch from both speakers to left ch making a 4 ohm load and also for right , my question is would this work or not or would it screw up the soundstage because if it would work we have both seat tuning if not I guess I'll go back to the drawing board, thanks for listening and be gentle I'm a noob here but read alot just trying to see what could work and not, thanks again

·
Registered
601 Posts
I got a stupid question so hopefully this is the write place to ask this question, if using my kicks for proper imaging for my I saw this ACE640TT 6.5" DVC Dual Tweeter Stereo Trimless Speaker 120W w/Titanium Coated Dome Tweeters
1) This is not the correct place to post this
2) Having 2 sets of drivers in the same door is generally a bad idea becuz the sound will arrive from 2 different points, causing interference
3) Those particular speakers use psycho-acoustical tricks to try to replicate stereo sound. It would almost be like have 4 sets of drivers in your doors, which of course is worse than 2 sets.
4) Those are indoor speakers and probably wouldn't hold up well in an automotive environment -- especially in a door where they will be exposed to rain water and mechanical shock from the doors being closed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, just wanted to know if it worked or not, now I'm going to experiment with one on the center of dash to see how it sounds and if it sound good using reflected sound ,thanks again

3281 - 3298 of 3298 Posts