DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need something to drive a DVC Solobaric 10". Right now it's at 8 Ohm but I could go 2 Ohm too.

I tried an old RF Punch 200DSM on it and it was okay but I am thinking of trying a mono class D.

I have zero experience with them so I'm hoping you guys can recommend a few. This is for a friend of mines kid and his grocery store budget is about $150! A crossover would be nice as would a remote for it, but not necesssary.

I've seen a couple of old JBL BP600.1 amps which seem to do well but thought I'd ask you guys for some help before I tell him what to get.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I knew an installer that ran a BP 600.1 and he was very pleased with it. And it would run that sub at 2 ohms nicely.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Why not try the 200 at 2ohm... it should take it... that's a solid amp..

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Why not try the 200 at 2ohm... it should take it... that's a solid amp..

Because it stopped working! I'm not sure what happened - it worked fine for a few months but now it gets very hot and within about 30 seconds pops the fuse (even with no driver connected). The sub is fine so I'm honestly not sure what the problem is - but figured I could buy a newer/more powerful amp for about what it would cost to fix the 200.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts

·
Registered
6,376 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts