DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Wasn't sure where to post this, hope this is okay. I've done a decent amount of installations (upgraded the head unit, front speakers, and installed a sub on my previous car), but have run into an issue I can't seem to fix. I just recently got a different car and wanted to switch my Alpine amp and JL Audio 10" over. Install went smoothly, ran the power, tapped into the stock remote wire, fed the stock sub signal through a loc, and grounded the amp under the carpeting in the trunk.

The issue is, now when I'm driving/sitting in the car while its running, after a few minutes the sub will cut out. The amp's power light flashes slowly instead of staying on, and if I hit a bump while driving or physically slap the amp with my hand (lol) it will come back on for a while. Checked my ground, seems good enough, but I'm no expert. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Check ground point (should always be <0.1 ohms from battery negative to ground point)

Check amp turn on wire. Should stay above 11v at all times.

If both of those are good it might be an issue with the amp.

Reactions: npal_77

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips shadow_419, once I find my multimeter I'll check that. I was just out messing with it and played around with the fuses in the amp itself, got the light to come on solid from off which makes me think maybe one of them wasn't sitting correctly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts