DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has tried the 500w sub channel to run midbass applications. I'm really up in the air about going back to larger amps and was curious. I've been considering stacking a 750/1 or 1200/1 with my 900/5 and running my 3 way frontstage off the 900/5 and the sub off of another HD. hmm:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Todd (highly) is doing that, but with a pair of the 900/5's. You won't have any stereo seperation on your midbass going that route though. Although, I'm not really sure how high up in the midbass frequencies where stereo/mono really matters.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Todd (highly) is doing that, but with a pair of the 900/5's. You won't have any stereo seperation on your midbass going that route though. Although, I'm not really sure how high up in the midbass frequencies where stereo/mono really matters.
It was just a thought... I'd be going 60-250... This probably won't happen... just curious if people have done this and how it worked out.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
It was just a thought... I'd be going 60-250

Hmmm... I'm not sure. The male voice can get down to sub-200hz. Hopefully some of the more knowledgeable cats on here will chime in, because now you've got me curious. :)

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
it has seperate inputs for the sub channels on those amplifiers. put "left" into one amp and "right" into the other one. no reason you cant retain stereo.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
The op is only using a single amp though. Lol I thought the same thing until I re-read it. So in his situation, the mb would be in mono.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
ya, I guess it depends on how you read it. it can be interpretted either way :D the OP would certainly need to buy another 900/5 to make this work. (or sell the 900/5 he has and start over with a new amplifier scheme)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The O.P. has such nice gear...why settle for mono midbass? The HD900/5 is in good demand. Could sell it for a decent price, then pick up an HD600/4, HD1200/1, and maybe a XD200/2 for the tweets?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the input guys... After thinking about it it wouldn't be cost effective to go this route.

·
Registered
454 Posts
In addition to the other issues pointed out it would probably throw one helluva curve into the ms8 autotune procedure

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I actually figured out my issue. I picked up a used JL 300/2 to run my midbass so I'm good. :) So it'll be 4x100 to my xr3ms and Morel MT23s and 150x2 to my Dynaudio Midbass. Sounds like a plan... Should be able to hide the 300/2 somewhere in the trunk and still be pretty stealth. Thanks again for the suggestions and feedback. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts