DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built two sealed sub enclosures that measure .35 cubic inch of space each (built them for someone else using Arc audio specs). Arc lists the optimum specs to be .35 for the 8" subs.

Well I have two CDT HD-800CF's and built the same boxes for me, well I screwed up and didnt check the requirements which are listed below.

What trouble is this going to cause and is there anything I can do to make my "already built" enclosures work with the CDT's. Will poly foam help?

http://www.cdtaudio.com/pdf/HD-800CF.pdf

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
How close are you to the CDT specs? (File is downloading)
If your fairly close you can make up the difference with Polly fill.
Are your enclosures .35 before, or after driver displacement?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've never used that sub, but the subs I've heard in boxes too small have been peaky, and lost low end extension. I've heard a Type R in both a 1.3 ft^3 (mine in my old car), and 0.8 ft^3 box (a friend's car), and the 0.8 ft^3 box was peaky in comparison.

Give it a shot and see how it sounds. If you need to, you can always build another box.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I'd think you'd be okay if you pack the enclosure... Not that far off really. No sense wasting your efforts, put um in and test the response.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate to have to build a new box because it is a combination sub enclosure, amp rack with bins lighted by LEDs. Just haven't covered it yet.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Very nice setup man. Try it out. Don't scrap it until try what you can with it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice setup man. Try it out. Don't scrap it until try what you can with it. Just my opinion.
Thanks, I am putting that in with Arc Audio XDi-805 and Focal PS 165's in front and Focal PS 130's rear.

I am an old guy on disability and had to get rid of my Harley (couldnt ride anymore) so bought a 2006 vette and the Bose system sucked so am trying to improve the sound. I installed a Pioneer X930bt H/U last month.

So I appreciate all the advice you guys are giving me. :D

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Harley to a vette... That's a fair compromise. Lol sold my 06 king last year, so I feel for ya. My compromise was a truck and stereo though :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where can I buy polyfoam, I have searched the web and am not coming up with anything listed as polyfoam or poly foam.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Are you wanting to use foam in place of Poly fill? I don't think it's going to do the same thing. Unless your wanting it for something else...

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
If your wanting fill, I just get it at Walmart... Big bags for cheap. And super easy to get.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is Poly fill I was looking for and just ordered it through Parts Express. Poly fill $10 and change - regular shipping $14+ ???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If your wanting fill, I just get it at Walmart... Big bags for cheap. And super easy to get.
I was too quick on the draw - Walmart is only 6-7 miles away and I could have saved the $14+ shipping charge. Dang I could have bought some extra beer if I wouldn't have been so quick to order from Parts Express :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
It happens. Lol now ya know for next time. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was too quick on the draw - Walmart is only 6-7 miles away and I could have saved the $14+ shipping charge. Dang I could have bought some extra beer if I wouldn't have been so quick to order from Parts Express :eek:
Cancel the order. I haven't dealt with partsexpress before, but I bet you could cancel it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts