DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, don’t beat me up. I know how some of you feel about bass tubes. And that’s ok. But understand my situation. I have a 2019 Silverado, the stock stereo actually sounds fairly decent except it’s lacking bass. I do t want ALOT more, just a little bit more and I’ll be ok with it. I have no room under the seat because of things I store in the compartment, so a box is out of the question. Plus I already have an amplified bazooka tube. It’s an old school one with the better amp, when they were still good. I have a Blaupunkt sub I can put in there, the original sub fell apart long ago, but I think I could do better than the Blaupunkt. Especially when I see the difference between the Blaupunkts and cerwin Vegas I put in my car. So I’m your experience, or opinion, what would be a good, efficient sub I can put in there? A cerwin Vega, Vega series? Something else?
It’s an 8” rs series amplified bazooka. 80w rms

· Registered
19 Posts
Alright, don’t beat me up. I know how some of you feel about bass tubes. And that’s ok. But understand my situation. I have a 2019 Silverado, the stock stereo actually sounds fairly decent except it’s lacking bass. I do t want ALOT more, just a little bit more and I’ll be ok with it. I have no room under the seat because of things I store in the compartment, so a box is out of the question. Plus I already have an amplified bazooka tube. It’s an old school one with the better amp, when they were still good. I have a Blaupunkt sub I can put in there, the original sub fell apart long ago, but I think I could do better than the Blaupunkt. Especially when I see the difference between the Blaupunkts and cerwin Vegas I put in my car. So I’m your experience, or opinion, what would be a good, efficient sub I can put in there? A cerwin Vega, Vega series? Something else?
Nothing wrong with Tubes, I've used them in the past myself, and I still recommend them to people with SPACE issues.

· Registered
8,014 Posts
Although I'm not particularly familiar with bass tubes, I've always found the idea of a tubular cabinet appealingly elegant. Additional information would help me and others offer informed suggestions. I assume it's an 8" driver(?). Pictures? Sealed/vented (or open?) tube internal dimensions (and port area and length, if any)? Available RMS power? Budget?

· Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Although I'm not particularly familiar with bass tubes, I've always found the idea of a tubular cabinet appealingly elegant. Additional information would help me and others offer informed suggestions. I assume it's an 8" driver(?). Pictures? Sealed/vented (or open?) tube internal dimensions (and port area and length, if any)? Available RMS power? Budget?
I can measure the length of it tomorrow, on port size, I’m not sure because the hole is at the rear of the tube and it’s covered. Rms power is probably 75-100w. It’s got a built in amp. Looked it up. Amp is 80w rms at 4ohm, 2 ohm stable, 120w rms.
budget. I guess around 100 bucks.

· Registered
8,014 Posts
I can measure the length of it tomorrow, on port size, I’m not sure because the hole is at the rear of the tube and it’s covered. Rms power is probably 75-100w. It’s got a built in amp. Looked it up. Amp is 80w rms at 4ohm, 2 ohm stable, 120w rms.
budget. I guess around 100 bucks.
Without port area and length, I'm not sure how I can help you. I need both of those and net cabinet volume in order to model any proposed replacement driver. Given the make and model, perhaps someone with specific knowledge of that particular bass tube can help.

· Registered
739 Posts
Finding a driver that works in the volume, tuning, and driver cutout is enough of a pain that I would probably just order the Bazooka replacement driver. Bazooka lists replacement drivers on their website.

But if you can get the enclosure specs Grinder is correct that it is possible to find a driver that will work.

· Registered
8,014 Posts
Barring factory replacement and/or available cabinet specs, or just to try something different, if the Dayton Audio DCS205-4 8" Classic Subwoofer 4 Ohm will fit, it looks like a very solid candidate. Ideal for small vented; good sensitivity; excellent reviews; great manufacturer; 5-year warranty; good value at $65; in stock: Home

· Registered
11,364 Posts
Do we even know what size tube this is? Or is it a bazooka tuber or something else? pics and model number? maybe then we could figure out specs.

· Registered
8,014 Posts
Do we even know what size tube this is? Or is it a bazooka tuber or something else? pics and model number? maybe then we could figure out specs.
Ikr I've asked for all of that.

Based on his other threads and mention of those same 8" drivers, I assume it's 8". Seems to be vented. Given the application, I assume the tube/volume is minimal. If all of that is true, I bet the DCS205 would work well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.