DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide between 2 SA-12s or 2 IDQv3 12's both Dual 4 wired to 1 ohm off a SAX-1200D. I'd probably port both of them just wonderin which will be better; I know it's subjective but in terms of low-end, output, and accuracy which is better? If it helps I listen to mostly reggae, hip-hop, and rock (eagles).

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Those tests look good, based on the comments. It seems like it's best to choose the woofer with the most suitable properties for your box. SA-12 could work in smaller sealed or ported box compared to IDQ. For example, the latest WinISD recommends a 2.5cu ft box for IDQ (forgot the tuning freq) but 2 cu ft for SA-12. For sealed box, I might prefer the IDQ, because it has better sensitivity than SA-12.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Had a pair of the sundowns on a rf t1500. I listen to mostly every genre and I loved them as a daily driving setup.

Handled everything thrown at them comfortably.

Cannot compare them to the ID, since i've only used the ctx line.

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Trying to decide between 2 SA-12s or 2 IDQv3 12's both Dual 4 wired to 1 ohm off a SAX-1200D. I'd probably port both of them just wonderin which will be better; I know it's subjective but in terms of low-end, output, and accuracy which is better? If it helps I listen to mostly reggae, hip-hop, and rock (eagles).

If you are looking for sound quality IMO the ID's all the way and I wouldn't think twice

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys after a little more research about the power handling of the two drivers it seems like the SA-12's would probably be better with a bit more power going to them then just the SAX-1200d I have. So I'll probably go with the IDQ's each in roughly 2.2 cu ft (after driver and port displacement) tuned to 28 Hz. Last question; for the box is it better to do both subs in a common chamber and port or seperate chambers and port for each sub?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shameless plug here but I have 3 idq12d4' forsale I can give u a killer deal.
Thanks for the offer but I'm gonna buy local I don't think the deal will be worth it after the price to ship it to Hawaii is considered :p

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Thanks guys after a little more research about the power handling of the two drivers it seems like the SA-12's would probably be better with a bit more power going to them then just the SAX-1200d I have. So I'll probably go with the IDQ's each in roughly 2.2 cu ft (after driver and port displacement) tuned to 28 Hz. Last question; for the box is it better to do both subs in a common chamber and port or seperate chambers and port for each sub?
One common chamber would work fine....GL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts