DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stuck on blank, but that's not to say I've seen everything. Very, very stiff as far as suspension, not to say that gets any closer to identification.........maybe pictures!?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Just did a search for Z subwoofers. Looks like they are called Z Edition subs. It looks like they haven’t been made since before 2010, probably older.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I saw this brand some time ago at a flea market in Columbus Ohio. They had amplifiers too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
How much did they cost at that flea market? The frames and other components look relatively high end from the top pic.

·
Registered
219 Posts
How much did they cost at that flea market? The frames and other components look relatively high end from the top pic.
I don't recall as it was close to a decade ago.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm mostly seeking info on the thiele small parameters. My measurement equipment is packed away, but I'd like t get t building a new box for these ASAP. Anyone know where I could find more info?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'm mostly seeking info on the thiele small parameters. My measurement equipment is packed away, but I'd like t get t building a new box for these ASAP. Anyone know where I could find more info?
I looked and couldn’t find anything. Best way to get T/S is to buy a DATS or Woofer Tester or see if there is a stereo store near you that has one of those.

Alternative is to build 1.5 cuft sealed enclosure and measure with different sized enclosures (1.5, 1.25, 1, .75) and see which measures better in your vehicle. Too small will have reduced deep bass. Can take up airspace using blocks of wood or closed-cell foam or open-cell wrapped in duct tape. Secure inside the enclosure to test with reduced airspace.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the DATS is what's packed away. I'd rather not go through the test box builds. Just hoping I can find the thieles conveniently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts