DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm currently looking for a good small sub (preferably something < 10inch) that can perform well in a small volume of box (preferably < 1 cf). I'm driving a 4-doors sedan and would like some quality bass.

I've came into some Visaton car subwoofer driver, which is GF200 (DVC 4ohm), anyone here tried this driver before?

Visaton - Lautsprecher und Zubehör, Loudspeakers and Accessories

From the specification alone, what's the optimal sealed enclosure I should build for the driver if I go ahead and purchase the driver?

Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi guys, I'm currently looking for a good small sub (preferably something < 10inch) that can perform well in a small volume of box (preferably < 1 cf). I'm driving a 4-doors sedan and would like some quality bass.

I've came into some Visaton car subwoofer driver, which is GF200 (DVC 4ohm), anyone here tried this driver before?

Visaton - Lautsprecher und Zubehör, Loudspeakers and Accessories

From the specification alone, what's the optimal sealed enclosure I should build for the driver if I go ahead and purchase the driver?

Thanks
it has a very low power rating. what is the price,

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
What do you want out of the driver, SPL, just SQ or just small enclosure size?

Many if not most 10" subs today will work in under 1 ft3 sealed.

What's your budget.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm having an A/D/S R12s as of the moment, but in my current box of 1.5cf, it takes a lot of my trunk space, so I'm decided to look for some alternative, this driver sells around usd130-140 in my country, I don't have much choices anyway.

Perhaps I should try to fit the A/D/S R12s into a much smaller box, let's say 1cf and see how it performs, but I don't want to spend the cost to build the box unnecessarily.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I think that a/d/s/ wants a little more than 1 ft3.

Are you located in Germany?

If so, I'm not sure what you have access to, there are tons of good 10" drivers that are in the same price range, but I don't know what you can get.

If you can get them, JBL GTO's subs are probably the best bang for the buck, at least here they are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts