Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UL12 ported

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JBL 500.1 & was planning to run a 10" W6v2 ported in my trunk, but I'm thinking that would be a lot to handle. I also have a 12" JBL GTi and a Critical Mass UL12. I'd like to run the UL12, but I'm thinking 700W may not be enough to get it going. The JBL is a great sub, but a little heavy.

What sub do you recommend in what kind of box?

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
U could do a 12 IB in each Side panel :) I've fit 4 10's in a g37
I like your way of thinking!
I actually do have 2 GTi's... But I would like some usable trunk space lol
Two 12s in IB will likely give you more room in the trunk than a single 10 sealed and 500w would be overkill for them in that configuration.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like your way of thinking!

Two 12s in IB will likely give you more room in the trunk than a single 10 sealed and 500w would be overkill for them in that configuration.
I'm not familiar with IB, but I thought it required a lot of space?

This is what I am modeling my design after, with the 10 or 12 in the floor

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
That's a nice setup. IB requires no enclosure so it's just the subs mounted either behind the seat or on the deck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah I think the JBL for sure, especially with the JBL amp why switch things up. IB would be clean, but if you want a good punch out of the GTI do it in a sealed or ported box,depending on what you like to listen to.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Please post pics when completed. I have a g35 coupe and have been thinking of an ib setup. I have not seen an ib setup on a g35 coupe yet! Are you going to angle the 12" sub?
Believe the baffle will be bolted to the back seats, which would result in a slight angle

Yeah I think the JBL for sure, especially with the JBL amp why switch things up. IB would be clean, but if you want a good punch out of the GTI do it in a sealed or ported box,depending on what you like to listen to.
Changed things up, now going with 2 12" Aura MR 12.4's for the time being

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I don't understand how you'd do IB with fold-down seats? Seems like there would be huge holes to take care of. It's not like there is a ski-pass to fire through.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts