DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Sub question/s

Tags
amp jl subs
1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Selkec 
#1 ·
Hey,

Question for the experts. Firstly, here is my setup for subs.

Two 12W3v3-4. I believe they were bought in 2015.
I have a Phoenix Gold SD1300.1. It is rated at
RMS Power 14.4Vdc ≤ 1% THD 900 x 1 @ 2 ohms
1300 x 1 @ 1 ohm
Dynamic Power 14.4Vdc >1% THD 1200 x 1 @ 2 ohms
1600 x 1 @ 1 ohm
Subs are running at 2 OHM's

I had other good amps pushing the subs, and this is the best I found.
I also have an Audison Bit Ten.

I have a sweet custom tire well enclosure for two JL 12’s. It is total airspace of 2.25 and is sealed.

Yesterday, one of my 12’s blew.

I have a moderate budget to either replace the one-blown sub or go with two new subs. I think the new subs might be better because I am willing to sacrifice SPL for DB(I know the W3's are not SPL subs), and some newer subs might be better given improved technology.

Also, I don't know if it is a good idea to purchase a new 12/w3 since the other one is from 2015.

Please let me know if you think simply getting a new JL 12/w3 would be best or if I could get upgraded SQ with a set of other subs. My budget is around 600

Thank you,

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I agree with miniSQ, your good jl is worth good coin to offset the purchase. They are going for 250-350 canadian used. 500 watts is getting into the danger zone for 12w3.

#8 ·
That sale was awesome though

#10 ·
For that budget do an IN setup like this in my cc using a custom stereo integrity IB18. This will blow away any 12” in any boxes you try, getting louder, lower and be sound quality bass. Not some peaky bass from using any enclosure. I was skeptical also 😉. Trust me though. Ask questions about it. There’s many that do this. And there’s no reason to cut some big hole in the floor. The tiny gains below 25hz isn’t worth it

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Trunk Vehicle door

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive design

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.