DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gadget Gas Automotive design

I have 3 10TW3 D4’s wired at 2.67 ohms.
So my JL XD1000 at 2.67 ohms feeds the subs 850ish watts guessing. 280ish rms watts per sub. As you can see space is tight. XD1000 is 14.73 W 7.09 D 2.05 H.

A Kicker 46CXA1800.1t.will fit and give me the more power I want but I’m worried about SQ.

IMPORTANT NOTE I NOW HAVE A HELIX V8 INSTEAD OF JL XD600/6
Helix DSP out to sub amp

SO

1) Will I regret the Kicker 46CXA1800.1t SQ and why is it so cheap? Is there an amp that will do 1200 plus watts at 2.67 ohms that will fit other than the Kicker?

or

2) Sell it all (except Helix V8) and start over with amps on the back wall (rear seat is fixed to back wall) and do 2 12” and have room for amps with bigger physical size.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going from 850 watts to 1200 watts isn't that big of an increase, about 1.5dB. What is the problem, not loud enough, not low enough?
Looking for a bit more output. I know the TW3’s are rated at 400 watts rms. The box is 1.5 cubic ft with poly fill and as of now subs are under powered. I was hoping to do 1500 watts but no sure the TW’s will like 500 rms watts.

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
What are the max dimensions you can fit for a monoblock?

·
Registered
157 Posts
It looks so clean and tidy though!
what about a helix amp that’s the same line as the one you just got so everything matches and looks clean
probably have to redesign the amp rack or mount or however that is

·
Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
1,883 Posts
I have 2 13tw5’s i wanna say they’re 600rms tops running off a kicker kxa1600.1. It’s birth sheet was closer to 1800. So far it’s been great, I don’t see the point in spending more money then needed on sub amps or running anything other then class D. I could be wrong but as of now

Forehead Chin Outerwear Human Jaw

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
1,430 Posts
The only problem I see with the cxa1800.1 is the fixed subsonic filter 😱!!!! 25hz I believe. I have the cxa1200.1 some where in my garage collecting dust, but it sounded good put out decent power and was quiet and cheap. It will be hard to distinguish one bass amp from an other when it's bangging away. I also have the LSX4000.1 as far as sound quality goes.... bass is bass... as long as your subs are in a proper enclosure I can't tell one from the other in the lower octaves.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
If your not happy with 850. Your not gonna be happy with 1200. For a shallow sub. Those jls are fantastic.
But they dont get low low like a normal sub. And at a certain point that big ass aluminum dust does ring.
You havevto cross it at like 60 hertz to get it out.
Keep the amp. Try a different sub stage.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It looks so clean and tidy though!
what about a helix amp that’s the same line as the one you just got so everything matches and looks clean
probably have to redesign the amp rack or mount or however that is
I wanted to do a matching Helix P One. I’m wired at 2.67 ohms with the DVC 4 subs. So a P One @ 2.67 ohms is the same wattage I have now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only problem I see with the cxa1800.1 is the fixed subsonic filter 😱!!!! 25hz I believe. I have the cxa1200.1 some where in my garage collecting dust, but it sounded good put out decent power and was quiet and cheap. It will be hard to distinguish one bass amp from an other when it's bangging away. I also have the LSX4000.1 as far as sound quality goes.... bass is bass... as long as your subs are in a proper enclosure I can't tell one from the other in the lower octaves.
I was worried about the subsonic filter. I have been thinking about down firing with a 2 cu ft sealed box or building a ported box at 2.4 cu ft ??? That is the maximum size box I can do. No one makes a seat lift for my truck. 2021 Chevy 3500 with a fixed rear seat back.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If your not happy with 850. Your not gonna be happy with 1200. For a shallow sub. Those jls are fantastic.
But they dont get low low like a normal sub. And at a certain point that big ass aluminum dust does ring.
You havevto cross it at like 60 hertz to get it out.
Keep the amp. Try a different sub stage.
It’s definitely a strong option to redo the sub stage with 2 higher power 12” at 2 ohms.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have 2 13tw5’s i wanna say they’re 600rms tops running off a kicker kxa1600.1. It’s birth sheet was closer to 1800. So far it’s been great, I don’t see the point in spending more money then needed on sub amps or running anything other then class D. I could be wrong but as of now

View attachment 347944
I need to check the dimensions on the KXA amps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have called and emailed Matt at AudioMobile and have gotten no response so I’m moving on. If I switch out sub stage what non shallow 12” subs should I consider? Without a seat lift kit being available for my truck I’m limited to 6” mounting depth.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Make one. They are just blocks of wood with longer bolts.
Stack two 0.5 inch pieces of mdf. Cut it to shape. 💥 seat lift
I agree with you I can lift the seat but I think the issue is the seat back. It bolts to the back wall of the cab in fixed positions. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think can lift the seat without lifting the back rest section.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts