2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. so i have twin 12" subs
MODEL: TremorX-124
1250 watts
Stitched leads
Spring loaded speaker connections
Anti wobble cone construction
TCT Technology (Turbine Cooled Transducer) for high effeciency output.
Military grade single 4-Ohm voice coil

and i need an amp to power them. i found this one on sale and was wondering if it is good enough to run my subs without blowing on either end.

Lanzar VCT2260 Vector 2 Channel 3950 Watts High Power Mosfet Amplifier

i only have a 1600 w 4 gauge amp wiring kit with a 500 farad capacitor.

please help me out here. im kinda new to this area of car audio and i dotn want to waste money/blow stuff up

thnx

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Skip the amp and the capacitor. That amp might put out that much power if it got struck by lightning. For a budget install, I have found the audiopipe brand is actually decent. And cheap. And reliable. Look for a mono amp for your subs. You need 2 ohm stability at a minimum.

What is your budget?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey. thnx for the reply. i already have the capacitor. i had a 1800 w mono block lanzar max pro amp but i accidentally blew it up.

ive been looking online and that amp for example is under 200 bucks. shipping included. i know my old amp put out plenty enough and i just need something that wont blow my subs.

i liek the lanzar series . they are reasonable. they have a lot of amps for under a couple hundred and i know they put out pretty good. my mono block was i think 1 ohm tho. i know the subs are 4 ohm voice coils.

im kind of at a loss as to what would be the best amp to get. maybe you could have a look and let me know some models to look at ?

thanks again

·
Registered
18,459 Posts
Hey. so i have twin 12" subs
MODEL: TremorX-124
1250 watts
Stitched leads
Spring loaded speaker connections
Anti wobble cone construction
TCT Technology (Turbine Cooled Transducer) for high effeciency output.
Military grade single 4-Ohm voice coil

and i need an amp to power them. i found this one on sale and was wondering if it is good enough to run my subs without blowing on either end.

Lanzar VCT2260 Vector 2 Channel 3950 Watts High Power Mosfet Amplifier

i only have a 1600 w 4 gauge amp wiring kit with a 500 farad capacitor.

please help me out here. im kinda new to this area of car audio and i dotn want to waste money/blow stuff up

thnx
only since you said this, im going to add my 2 cents, and it is going to be very blunt. save your money and get something worth spending it on. it doesnt have to be the most expensive or best or this or that.. just something thats not flea market crap like lanzar/earthquake. sell that capacitor and save for something better (but still cheap) like the mb quart ONYX amp.. MB Quart OA1000.1 1000W Max 1-Channel Monoblock Onyx Series Amp
and for subs maybe the alpine type S.. Alpine SWS-12D4 (sws12d4) 12" Dual 4-Ohm Type-S Car Subwoofer
and those subs you listed will not be able to handle the 1250 watts each like they claim to. do yourself a favor and do it right the first time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts