DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to sell a few items to fund another purchase that I'm planning on making by the end of the month. I'm pretty firm on the pricing, but will entertain reasonable offers.

Here we go:

Product Brand & Model: 1 PPI Art SQ Series A.12sq 12" sub
1 MB Quart RWE-304 12" Subwoofer

Condition of all items:
The A.12sq is brand new. Has been unboxed but never seen power and still has all packaging, manuals, templates, etc.
The RWE-304 is used, but was only ran IB off of 250 watts of a/b RF power, and I'm not a basshead, so it wasn't ran hard at all.

Total Price:
$90 for the A.12sq
$70 for the RWE-304
:

Shipping Terms:
Buyer pays actual shipping cost. Shipping will be either via ups or fed-ex.
:

Pictures:

- Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info: Paypal only for payment. PM me for paypal info if you are interested, or send me an e-mail through the board.

-Ben

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumping again kids. Sold the RS225's yesterday for $80. Still $120 short of what I need to come up with, so make offers on the subs and we'll talk!

-Ben

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Daily bump.

Need the cash peeps.

How about $70 for the PPI and $50 for the Quart (shipping not included)?

That is pretty much my bottom dollar to get the my cash I need for my purchase, so let me know if you are interested in either one. They are boxed up and ready to ship!

-Ben

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Daily bump again.

"Please buy me!" says the subwoofers, "My current owner needs a new sample drum instrument for his recording studio!" :)

-Ben

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bumpin' up again peeps. I only have until 1/31 to get the money I need to make my purchase, so feel free to make offers if you are interested in either sub.

-Ben

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a couple of questions about the ART.

What would the SQ be like compared to a sub such as Image Dynamics CTX 124?
I looked up the specs and it says it's a dual 2 ohm voice coil. I'm newb when it comes to the electronics side of audio. I am currently running a svc 4 ohm sub. Will connection be the same for the ART? Just one + and one - at 4 ohms?

Thanks.

Doug Peters

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Which of the 2 subs would be better for a solo sub sq setup? Looking to hit some smooth low lows.
Doug,

The art sub has 2 (dual) 4 ohm voice coils, not 2 ohm. So, it can be wired either in series to give a 8 ohm nominal to the amp, or in parallel to give a 2 ohm nominal to the amp.

As far as which would be better for sq, that's a tough question for me to answer. I think that they both sound excellent and both seem to go pretty low, but I've used them in two totally different set-ups, so it's hard to compare: The MB was running IB in my old '95 Accord coupe, so it went really low and was really smooth, but suffered some in the output department due to the IB set-up. The art seems to go really low in my current car in a simple sealed box, (I have the matching on in the car, the one for sale is bnib,) and seems to have more output than I remember the MB having, but it is in a '95 Volvo 850 wagon, so it's basically a box inside another bigger box, which I'm sure is helping with cabin gain and what have you.

Any other questions, let me know. :)

-Ben

·
Registered
11 Posts
Or if not, if my only open power is 150 rms @ 4 ohms, with the rest of the amp taken, what are the implications of hooking the sub in at a 2 or 8 ohm load? Thanks again.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well,with either one of them you could run just one of the voice-coils to get a single 4 ohm load.

As far as running them either at 2ohm or 8 ohm, that depends on the amp. 8 ohm would theoretically only give you 1/2 the power, so they'd be seeing 75 watts. 2 ohm is totally dependent on whether or not your amp will run 2 ohm mono. What amp?

-Ben

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pioneer gm6400f 600 watt (300 rms @ 4 ohms). I've got 1 channel going front left @ 150(75rms), 1 going front right @ 150(75rms), and the other 2 bridged to the sub @ 300(150rms). If I run it at 2 ohm to get 300 rms from the bridge does it then overwork the amp? Or is the 300w rms limit only at 4 ohms? I'm learning a lot here!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have a couple of questions about the ART.

What would the SQ be like compared to a sub such as Image Dynamics CTX 124?
I looked up the specs and it says it's a dual 2 ohm voice coil. I'm newb when it comes to the electronics side of audio. I am currently running a svc 4 ohm sub. Will connection be the same for the ART? Just one + and one - at 4 ohms?

Thanks.

Doug Peters
There is a good review of the 8" version here, should help you out a bit: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-reviews-product-comparisons/85092-ppi-art-sq-series-a8sq-review.html

Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like in bridged mode I cant run the amp at 2 Ohms. Makes sense I guess. Just learning. I can run it at 8 ohms but like bfrance said it would be getting half the power. I think the answer is to hook up my distribution block, and buy a second amp for the sub. Maybe something that can run down as low as 1 or 2 ohm load so that I have more versatility there. Then I can use the other channels with an active crossover maybe and run seperate wires to my tweeters. Thats all future stuff. For now I think either the right sub or a second amp to run it. Question, if I install a second amp should I be buying a battery for my trunk? Thanks. I did read that article. Looks like it could be the perfect sub at a perfect price for me. And thank you for the welcome! Heres the spec sheet for my current amp:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found this amp on eBay. Forgive me for being noob, but if I hooked up one channel to one terminal set on the sub, and the other channel to the second terminal set on the sub, that would be pushing 250W RMS at 4 Ohms each side? Or do I have to wire it differently? You guys are great. I'm learning some advanced stuff here. Love it. Thank you again.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cadence-F300-2-700-Watt-Peak-350W-RMS-2-Channel-High-Power-Car-Amplifier-Amp-F30-/300627974251?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item45fed2d86b

1 - 20 of 27 Posts