DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I wanna get the above box from Atrend. Would it be any sound issues or wave cancelling in the trunk of a sedan with two subs firing up and the other two firing towards the rear of the trunk?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
What kind of trunk you have if your planning on using that big ass enclosure?

The onlything I would do is change the terminal cups, those Atrend have cheap cups.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
nope, as long as they all move out or in at the same time your good.
In other words make sure they are in phase.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
If you can manage to squeeze this monstrosity into the trunk of a sedan, 1 problem has been rectified. The other is making sure the enclosure has the correct cubic ft. for the subs you intend on utilizing for this piece. Good luck there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a 97 Bmw 740IL. The box will fit fine being 30.25x13.25x28. Each chamber is 1.3 cubic feet. Im thinking four Infinity 1260Ws wired down to 1 ohm with 800 rms watts. Should have both boom and sq. What you guys think?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I got a 97 Bmw 740IL. The box will fit fine being 30.25x13.25x28. Each chamber is 1.3 cubic feet. Im thinking four Infinity 1260Ws wired down to 1 ohm with 800 rms watts. Should have both boom and sq. What you guys think?

Dont know about SQ, but you'll have boom for sure.

·
Registered
898 Posts
1 ohm is a nono unless your electrical is up to snuff.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, new problem. got the box, it fits in the trunk fine but the volume specs are wrong. The top firing subs are 1.35 cubic feet and front firing subs are .95 cubic feet, instead of being 1.15 cubic feet each like advertised. I have four Infinity 1260Ws will this cause a sound issue? would polyfill help with front firing subs?

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
I doubt it, sure put some poly in there. I had the older motor-in-basket 12s and they didn't seem to like to get under 40Hz in a spec size box. But the newer ones might be different. The old ones were qts .46 fs 24. Great if you like 'tight' bass, they worked for me once I got a PEQ on them and could boost the bottom. I ended up running four of them IB, they got loud on 420rms. They didn't sound a whole lot different IB than a single in a box, they had more bottom IB but not the difference I expected. Those were rated 300rms and 150 if IB. They seemed to be a good sub far as build, pretty efficient.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts