DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchases an Audi 3, I have been trying to figure out what type of subs I should put in it. Most cars I have owned have a trunk so the sub in an enclosure and then in the trunk. What will be the difference now that the sub is moving air inside the vehicle rather than in the trunk. I'm not a bass head and currently have 1 10" in my trunk. I have limited space and don't want to fill up the entire hatch space with big speakers. Any ideas or info would be great.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It will be a lot louder. Aim the sub up towards the rear window. If i were you I would get one 12" Peerless XXLS (or pretty much any high quality sq sub) and put it in a sealed box. That should give you exactly what you need.

Edit: Actually, if I were you, I would probably put something like two IDMAX 12's in the back with around 1000watts going into each, but that's just me...(im a basshead). :cool:

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Is the spare tire under a sub-floor? I'm getting ready to do a hatch. Maybe we can share ideas. I have come up with a few w/ no loss of spare and most of the room.

Chad

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Kramerica ,I saw that thread his install looks really nice. I don't want to loose the spare though.

Chad I though about putting an amp on either side of the trunk walls and putting the sub box against the rear seat so I could take it out when I need to slide something larger in the trunk. Other than that I had no more special ideas, you got any?

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Yeah, I'm getting ready to cut out, let me put some links together and get them to you! I'll always be using the hatch area so removable is out unless it is to get to the spare :) It is going to be an adventure in fiberglass!

Chad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts