DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 sets of woofers I'm trying to decide upon at the moment. About a month ago I bought 2 Alpine Type-R 10" woofers and currently have them in a sealed box with about .75 cf per sub. Both are wired to 1 ohm and running off a (new to me) eD nine.1.

I traded my friend a mtn bike for his nine.1 and 2 13Ov.2 subs in a sealed box. Those are also at 1 ohm and I ran them off the nine.1 for a couple days and REALLY like the way they sound.

I tired modeling both in WinISD but don't really know where to go from there. I don't want to start blindly fabricating boxes and testing subs. All I know is the Alpines have a 54.4 rating and more suited for a sealed box, whereas the eD's have a 70+ rating and want to be in a ported box. I want an SQL set up if possible and obviously ported.

Now a few questions....

1. When designing the ported box, can I make it 1 chamber in order to utilize 1 port? The current box the eDs are in is shared airspace, and the Alpines are in separate airspaces. The box will be tuned at 28-30 Hz and the amp has a SSF in order to keep the xmax in check.

2. Can someone check out my winISD project and see if I have the stuff set up correctly? The Alpine curve looks good, but the eD's don't look too great. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong.
(Save the file without the .pdf extension!!!! My FTP site was being stupid and wouldn't host it correctly.)

I thought I had my heart set on the Alpines, but these "new" 12's have me thinking otherwise.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
it has really had an impact on me - at long last I am actually starting to understand it! I understood your writing! *having a eureka moment here!* Thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts