DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Mustang GT w/ Shaker 500 and Navigation.
Installed Focal Access 570CA1, put Dynamat Extreme on doors (inner/outer), and put Polyfil in the 8" OEM door subwoofer enclosures. Installed the speakers first and the sound was much more crisp and clear. There where still buzzes and other vibration related noise from the doors during high high volume levels. I then put Dynamat Extreme on the outer doors, inner doors and also some on the inner door skin. Sounds better, no buzzes or vibrations and there is a noticeable difference in the cabin noise level while driving.
I still would like to round out the sound with a trunk mounted subwoofer and replace the rear paper cone OEM speakers with a higher quality speaker and add more Dynamat. Here is what I am thinking of installing.

Subwoofer configuration:
Focal 2 channel amp FPP 2100
Focal 12" DVC subwoofer P 30 DB
Audio Control LC2i
MTX ThunderForm enclosure or Wicked CAS Magic box

Rear speaker replacement (5X7) replace with midbass driver? My thought on this is use a 5x7 speaker with high db say 90 or higher.
O2 OM-57-200 speaker (98db)

Apply Dynamat Extreme under rear seat and in trunk area.

I also have a technical question about the OEM rear speakers. They appear to be simple paper cone speakers. Are they considered a full range speaker? Does the factory sound processing pull the low frequencies as the volume increased? What would be my best choice to replace the rear speakers will still running the factory head unit and amps?

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was hoping someone would have input for me...

Does anyone have any knowledge concerning the Shaker 500 specifications, for example the rear speakers. They appear to be simple paper cone speakers. Are they considered a full range speaker? Does the factory sound processing pull the low frequencies out as the volume is increased? What would be my best choice to replace the rear speakers while still using the factory head unit and amp? When fading the system to the rear the speakers don't sound full range.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
idk if i can help much but ill give my opinion.

most people say disconnect rear speakers and dont replace.

as for sub box, i would build one. even if its just a copy cat design of one of the boxes u were looking to buy. much cheaper and u can use quality thick material

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will consider building a box... thanks.

I did fade the system to the front and listened for a couple of days while driving. For some reason I prefer some sound from the back of the vehicle. I did notice that when the system is faded all the way to the rear the sound does not sound full range, also the front subwoofers keep playing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts