DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been lurking on these forums for a while now and I think I've started to rise out of the amateur level of knowledge of car audio. (But only just!)

I started the journey buying a DEH-80PRS head unit. Then I added four JBL speakers (GTO638) and bought a second hand Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp (P4004 - as far as I can tell).

That kept me happy for a while, but ultimately I knew I'd end up getting front components, ditching the rear speakers and adding a subwoofer. I just wasn't sure in what order. I want to be able to run 3 way active at some point in the future, so am trying to keep that in mind when making purchasing decisions.

Anyway, the next thing I wanted was a sub! My speakers couldn't handle the bass, so I used the HPF on the headunit to filter the bass out at 80Hz. Sounded much better! I suspect I was reaching a mechanical limit of the speakers and taking out the lower frequencies put them back into a safe zone that sounds better. But feeling like I am missing the low end.

After shopping and reading and getting confused for a month I ended up getting an old second hand Blaupunkt sub that I'm told had never been wired up, just mounted as a display model in a shop.

The problem is I cannot find accurate Thiele Small parameters. I even emailed the company directly but they provided the datasheet of a similar but different product telling me that there is no longer any data on my particular model.

The information is have is as follows:
Manufacturor: Blaupunkt
Size: 12"
Dual Voice Coil
RMS power: 500W
Max power: 1000W
Brand/Model: Velocity VCS
The only number printed on the sub is 7 606 279 002 - which has not resulted in anything helpful on google.
It is apparently designed and manufactured in the USA if that helps too.

I have attached photos of the sub as well.

If anyone has any info to add on this sub I would be eternally grateful! Getting to the stage of wanting to actually build the box to put it in, and would really rather do it right the first time with the true Thiele Small parameters rather than just guess and hope it works out.

I lack the equipment and probably the ability to measure them myself.
This is my last effort to find out the correct parameters before I just go ahead and put my best guess numbers into calculators and build something based on the results!

Huge thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any assistance.

Toby

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gotta say thanks to the people who have bothered to read the thread even if don't have any information in the end. Appreciate people's time!

Toby

1 - 2 of 2 Posts