DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I noticed when listening to different subs that at some point there is a very light flutter/chiffing/chuffing noise that is obvious to me it's the physical motor or material of the woofer making some extra noise. I don't hear these noises until I'm either in the same space as the sub or I open up a trunk where the sub is.

Pretty much every sub I've heard has some degree of this and now that I know it's there, it irritates me. Luckily though, my sub is in my trunk and I don't hear the sounds. I'm just curious, which sub has the least amount of these 'extra' noises?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Hey all,

I noticed when listening to different subs that at some point there is a very light flutter/chiffing/chuffing noise that is obvious to me it's the physical motor or material of the woofer making some extra noise. I don't hear these noises until I'm either in the same space as the sub or I open up a trunk where the sub is.

Pretty much every sub I've heard has some degree of this and now that I know it's there, it irritates me. Luckily though, my sub is in my trunk and I don't hear the sounds. I'm just curious, which sub has the least amount of these 'extra' noises?
Probably something along the lines of a W7. Pretty sure that was one of the "benefits" JL mentions about the custom suspension, it's virtually noise free.

Take a look at the Klippel tests here on subwoofers, Npdang usually mentions whether or not there is noise.

OTOH, why are you worried about it, when you said it your self that you can only hear it when you're in the trunk?

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably something along the lines of a W7. Pretty sure that was one of the "benefits" JL mentions about the custom suspension, it's virtually noise free.

Take a look at the Klippel tests here on subwoofers, Npdang usually mentions whether or not there is noise.

OTOH, why are you worried about it, when you said it your self that you can only hear it when you're in the trunk?
Because I'm obsessive compulsive about my car audio system. Why else? I know I'm not the only nutcase in here. :p

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
The Mag v4 and BM v2 (not out yet) are really quiet. The suspensions are linear, don't hit anything, and the motors are incredibly linear. The quietest driver I've heard to date is the Maelstrom-X. The only noise was air moving in and out of the pole vent. Most of the noises you are referring to are in the suspensions of the drivers.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The Mag v4 and BM v2 (not out yet) are really quiet. The suspensions are linear, don't hit anything, and the motors are incredibly linear. The quietest driver I've heard to date is the Maelstrom-X. The only noise was air moving in and out of the pole vent. Most of the noises you are referring to are in the suspensions of the drivers.
Cool. I am getting ready to hook mine up, and they are in the cab of my truck. I could hear motor noise in the old subs I had. The box being right behind me doesn't help, but it's the best place for it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yea,

I did try to search el cheapo. Don't worry. ;)
Nice play on the user name, you one smart cookie.

Question 2.

Did you try reading any of the reviews?

Here is a quick place to start:
EDIT: Search didnt link correctly. all I did was seach "noise" in the kippel section. 13 results. not that many to look over.

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice play on the user name, you one smart cookie.

Question 2.

Did you try reading any of the reviews?

Here is a quick place to start:

DIY Mobile Audio - Search Results
I'm not going to go chasing hundreds of probable reviews for a few nuggets of info that can be had in a short time using a community resource like a bulletin board where people who have read those in the past can put in a much more condensed report. Chill out.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
"I'm not going to go chasing ...reviews, for a few nuggets of info that can be had in a short time" Blah blah blah.
Pretty much sums up your experience at DIYMA.

Did you seriously even try? The search was 13 results, most of which were reviews by npdang from kippel results. there were several sub reviews. Thats where you start, looking at comparisons in the reviews.

I am sorry, however. I apparently forgot how to spoon feed.

And as Chris said, the TDX was a Diamond sub before the D9 line that loved power.

Google will have some pics of em, if you can search there.;)

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
You know, the only time I see you post is to tell someone you think they're an idiot. Please just shut up and butt out of my thread.
Wrong. I'm only doing it to you, idiot. Search the last few dozen posts that I've made and let me know where I've called someone other than you an idiot. Oh wait, I forgot you're too lazy to search!

That is what makes you an idiot, as evidenced earlier in this thread. You want to be spoon-fed every iota of information that you can't bring your lazy fingers to type into Google or the search function on this forum. Did you know that it actually takes less fingers to type "noise" than it takes to type
"Hey all,

Pretty much every sub I've heard has some degree of this and now that I know it's there, it irritates me. Luckily though, my sub is in my trunk and I don't hear the sounds. I'm just curious, which sub has the least amount of these 'extra' noises? "
You're too lazy to search, Tspence. Christ on a pony.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts