DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought a new pyle subwoofer with a power akoustic amp. I changed them because my last setup was acting strange. I put this new system in and it is doing the same thing and I can't figure it out. i redid all the wiring and i got new rca cables. The fuse is fine. You can feel the signal coming through the sub and you can feel the sub vibrate a little but its not hitting at all. I redid the remote wire too on my headunit. Please tell me what you think it could be and what I need to do to test.

· Registered
977 Posts
process of elimination.
-try the sub on some other amp, even a home audio system
-make sure there are no high-pass crossovers running on your amp
-try a different source into the amp, use a 3.5mm to RCA cable to connect your phone and see if that works, or again, some home audio equipment with RCA out.
-use a multi-meter and a test tone and check your signal volts going into the amp and coming out.
-check your power going into your amp for 12V+, check the ground

· Registered
3,063 Posts
There might be a lot of potential couses. Might be that you incorrectly wired your sub if it is dvc, there might be issue with amp settings or amp itself, issue in signal line, head unit, ….

post some pics of how your amp is set up, change that fuse too since it costs almost nothing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts