DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was messing around with a powered sealed sub a friend has in his home theater setup and found something interesting that I wanted to ask about. It is a down firing configuration normally and it pounds when set up like that. I turned it on it's side and it sounded ok but when fired up there was a dramatic loss in bass response. It, frankly, sounded terrible. Is this something inherent to sealed setups? I have seen car setups with sealed up firing subs so I am a bit confused as to why a person would do that if they will lose bass like that.

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Wanna hear it lose more ? Take it outside ;)

Wanna hear it and feel it...take it into a bathroom or closet !

·
Registered
393 Posts
Subs Move air they move it better in confined spaces, Put it right side down and stick it in a corner and see how it sounds

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Subs Move air they move it better in confined spaces, Put it right side down and stick it in a corner and see how it sounds
In the trunk of a car (or even a room like my friends powered sub), for example, the confined space would be the same no matter which direction the sub is firing so that doesn't seem to fully explain the difference in output. :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts