DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Chevy Malibu LT with the 9 speaker Bose package and enjoy the 8inch stock head unit it comes with. So with that being said this car was one of the biggest pain in my *** when it came to finding wiring diagrams.

Long story short, this is the first car I’ve chose to keep the stock head unit and use an LOC (very cheap one) and it’s also my first time dealing with the problem I’ve heard called “motor boating” . When I get into my car, the dash cluster & head unit will light up for a couple seconds and my amp will turn on for about 1 min before turning off, but before it turns off the subs thump randomly. Sometimes hard, sometimes soft, sometimes multiple times in a row. I have the LOC wired to rear deck speakers, 12v into amp and at first the ground wired with amp ground but moved it to its own ground today and problem is still there. I’ve never used a stock head unit or LOC so this problem has me worried it’s damaging my subs.

· Registered
889 Posts

· Premium Member
583 Posts
Did your car do this before you installed the LOC? I had a similar problem with a Factory Ford system in that the Audio Control Module was bad and causing the issues with the factory sub amp.

· Registered
470 Posts
Don't use the signal sense remote ouput frm your loc, IIRC fuse 36 and 37 should be on RAP in that car.

If you haven't bypassed th ANC it's voilet/blue in pin 2 of the third connector of the bose amp, just cut the wire about an 1.5" and tape both cut ends.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.