DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for suggestions on a crossover to use in between my midrange and tweeter in my ms-8 setup. Speakers being used are the h-audio trinity for the midrange and the h-audio x2 as the tweeter.

My plan was to have the trinity playing from 315 hz up to about 5-8 kHz and then the x2 playing everything else on up. I'd use the crossover on my leviathan but it only goes up to 4khz.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would do that, but all the channels on the ms-8 are in use. I want to run a quasi 3 way setup up front with the crossover between the midrange and tweeter to go along with the center, rear fill and sub.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Emmm, I won't do that if I were you, instead, I will just use the MS-8 to control everything on active first, then get the "perfect" crossover points for the mid and tweeter.... Then only I will change back to quasi active... More time will be wasted on this, but it will still better than you waste the passive components(or using your amp's build in crossover)..
Since quasi active will be your ultimate goal, then the slope will be second order(-12dB), which will be easier to construct...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts