DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've used the search function and was unable to find anything so I thought I'd throw this out there.

I'm looking for a small (smallest you can find) good quality 2 channel amplifier to run my tweeters.

The reason is that I wish to hide the amp (in dash, console, or armrest). I do not know where exactly but, will decide depending on the size so the smaller the better. Trying to hide everything for a factory look.

Power wise anywhere from 25Wpc up to 75WPC... I've had a component set run on 45wpc and was fine with the level so I don't think I need anymore than about 50WPC.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Smallest I can think of right now would be a zapco I-250 or maybe a boston gt-275 The new rockford punch P200 is pretty small as well

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you are willing to go "old school"
-LP 302
-LP 452IQ
-Monolithic PA700
-(2) Monolithic R201M (20w x 1)
-SS Rubi 102
-Zapco Studio 50
-Rockford Punch 45
-Sony also made a kick butt little 20x2, but the model # excapes me right now. Anyone remember?
All of these can be had with a little searching for a decent price & are all underrated. This is with the exception of the Monolithics & I could help you out with those (more than likely).

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Hi,

I've used the search function and was unable to find anything so I thought I'd throw this out there.

I'm looking for a small (smallest you can find) good quality 2 channel amplifier to run my tweeters.

The reason is that I wish to hide the amp (in dash, console, or armrest). I do not know where exactly but, will decide depending on the size so the smaller the better. Trying to hide everything for a factory look.

Power wise anywhere from 25Wpc up to 75WPC... I've had a component set run on 45wpc and was fine with the level so I don't think I need anymore than about 50WPC.

Thanks for the help.
What are the max dimensions that will fit?

·
2,510 Posts
Arc/Eton/Elf mini or the old Blaupunkt PA series plastic amps are pretty small if you take the plastic cover off.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i will be watching this one closely. looking for a small 30-40*2 (clean!) to power the tweeters.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You guys are forgetting about the old school Soundstream D60 or D60II. 30x2 or 90x1 bridged. I have two of these running bridged to each of my Altec TW2s...sound is articulate but smooth. I can listen at high volumes and they aren't fatiguing at all!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are the max dimensions that will fit?
I'm not too sure yet sir... That's why I'm asking for the smallest possible. Yes I know that's not very helpful or clear but it seems there has been a lot of info thrown out. Thanks guys

if you're wanting super tiny, the occasional Sony XM-2020 will pop up on ebay.

20x2 and about the size of a pack of smokes.
Definitely interested in this pack of smokes amp... also I have a 41Hz Amp 6 I might try to build for Auto application. Approximately 25WPC.

·
Registered
407 Posts
My old Soundstream D60-II are tiny and sound great. They do need a relay for the turn on pop though.

I may be sellin them soon actually.

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,940 Posts
I got a some Alto Mobile amps for a good price and they are small 7"x8"x1.5" and they all are the same size no matter power rating of number of channels.

Power ratings:

ADP304 75x4 rms

ADP152 75x2 rms

ADP204 50x4 rms

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those AltoMobile amps are tempting... but alas I'm looking for something smaller still. The Sony XM-3022 (saw on ebay).. Aproximately 8" x 4.5" x 2". Anything smaller than that? Oh its 30W x 2.

Wishing for that cigarette pack sized amp.. may have to just build my own.

·
Registered
404 Posts
My old Soundstream D60-II are tiny and sound great. They do need a relay for the turn on pop though.

I may be sellin them soon actually.
I always thought these sounded very clean and extended compared to my old skool RF amps which have a touch of warmth, which I also like. This Soundstream would make an awesome tweeter amp.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you are willing to go "old school"
-LP 302
-LP 452IQ
-Monolithic PA700
-(2) Monolithic R201M (20w x 1)
-SS Rubi 102
-Zapco Studio 50
-Rockford Punch 45
-Sony also made a kick butt little 20x2, but the model # excapes me right now. Anyone remember?
All of these can be had with a little searching for a decent price & are all underrated. This is with the exception of the Monolithics & I could help you out with those (more than likely).

I'll check the model # at home.

I er am using it right now off a 12v power supply to run my home reference system as I just lost the left channel on my home amp. Oh and yes 20x2 is perfect for a set of Klipsch LaScalas.

P

1 - 20 of 23 Posts